• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Runway Controllers

O

OldOpsFart

Having been a Runway controller many, many years ago (JPs, Argosys, Varsities) me and my Caravan Controller chums did the job for glory and honour. So what's with the Good Shows that are being scattered around these last few years? Why are we handing out these awards to the very people that are supposed to spot the flight safety foul-ups that manifest themselves at the end of the runway? Come on guys, do we hand out awards to the Police everytime they nick someone for speeding. Do chefs (or is that cooks?) get a Well Done certificate each time they produce a fried egg? Or am I being a cynical old f@rt in the twilight of my career?

Last edited:

budgie

The new Dirk Diggler
It's not just your ops types who get wound up by them. As a Techie I can't see the point of patting someone on the back for just doing thier job. Fair play if it was a scribbly, but somebody who works around the pointy stuff? GRRRRRRRRRR!

Hmmmm

SAC
Does a bomb disposal officer get a medal for disposing of a bomb?

We've done this one to death before.

D

Deleted member 777

Yup - been done to death, may the subject RIP!!! :pDT_Xtremez_03: