• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Running Shoes/Trainers

Hi All,

Do we get supplied Running Sheos/Trainers during RTC?
The reason I ask is because I'm starting to develop a case of sore shins and I've been told it is either trying to increase my mileage too quickly or poor footwear.

I'm considering changing my running shoes, but if we get provided with some at RTC it may be better to wait.

Thanks! :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Astyanax

LAC
Not actually in yet myself but from what I've heard you will be issued with training shoes called "Silver Shadows" if however you prefer your own training shoes you are allowed to wear them if the PTI's find them acceptable.

Don't take this as 100% just what I've heard.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Hi All,

Do we get supplied Running Sheos/Trainers during RTC?
The reason I ask is because I'm starting to develop a case of sore shins and I've been told it is either trying to increase my mileage too quickly or poor footwear.

I'm considering changing my running shoes, but if we get provided with some at RTC it may be better to wait.

Thanks! :pDT_Xtremez_14:

This has been seen before. It's your toes adjusting for poorly fitting footwear, or indeed because you are wearling flip flops or anything like that - don't wear those things.

(Also, they VERY gay)

Thanks for the replies all.

I've seen the Silver Shadows (Hi-Tec I think) in the shops and almost bought a pair haha! (This was a few months ago).

Anyway, just before Christmas I got myself a pair of Nike LunarGlide's because my feet ever so slightly over pronates. I've not had the problem before, until the past few weeks so I don't think it's my footwear - unless I've worn them out.