• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Running during rts

V

varasku

Hello! i have my rts dates, just working on getting as fit as possible. I was just wondering during rts, how long are the runs that ill do, what is the maximum distance ill be running? Thanks!

Brackens

SAC
It varies as to what stream you get put in but from memory we never did anything over 5 miles, its more sprints and hill work they will get you doing. i know everyone makes it sound like fitness is the most important thing in RTS but i disagree and think if you can pass the fitness test then you'll be fine, thats what the P'ed lessons are for is to bring your fitness on, a positive, responsible attitude is much more important in my opinion.

V

varasku

It varies as to what stream you get put in but from memory we never did anything over 5 miles, its more sprints and hill work they will get you doing. i know everyone makes it sound like fitness is the most important thing in RTS but i disagree and think if you can pass the fitness test then you'll be fine, thats what the P'ed lessons are for is to bring your fitness on, a positive, responsible attitude is much more important in my opinion.

Thanks for the reply! 5 miles isnt so bad, im doing close to that on my runs anyway. Just working on getting the speed up during the run now :)

Good luck with your training.
I've been practising running 3 miles and running for 40 minutes. I find it helps as sometimes it's not the distance you're running but the time that can make a difference.

When are you starting and what trade?

:pDT_Xtremez_14:

V

varasku

Good luck with your training.
I've been practising running 3 miles and running for 40 minutes. I find it helps as sometimes it's not the distance you're running but the time that can make a difference.

When are you starting and what trade?

:pDT_Xtremez_14:

Hey, starting on the 20th july, ict tech :pDT_Xtremez_30:

J

julekminor

When was it that you started your application for ict tech??

J

julekminor

cheers for that im just wondering how long it'll take me - done ast just waiting for interview.

good luck!

J

julekminor

hah you weren't wrong there scouse!PJFT done just waiting for dates :)

J

julekminor

to be totally honest - the time flies by! what are you applying for?