• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rumour on Social Media

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
If as a consequence of any decision you make in life your attendance at work falls below an acceptable level, with no reasonable excuse, then it’s potentially fair for the employer to ask you to move on, having previously attempted to encourage you to take measures to reduce your absences and given you the opportunity to do so, a lot of employers use a simple 3 occasions and or 3% as a trigger, some use the Bradford factor, but that’s just an unnecessary complication.

The reasonable excuse bit is where reasonable adjustments can be made if necessary.

The vast majority of employers have been very generous with COVID measures but they can’t go on forever, it’s not affordable now the small remaining risk could be better managed.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
If as a consequence of any decision you make in life your attendance at work falls below an acceptable level, with no reasonable excuse, then it’s potentially fair for the employer to ask you to move on, having previously attempted to encourage you to take measures to reduce your absences and given you the opportunity to do so, a lot of employers use a simple 3 occasions and or 3% as a trigger, some use the Bradford factor, but that’s just an unnecessary complication.

The reasonable excuse bit is where reasonable adjustments can be made if necessary.

The vast majority of employers have been very generous with COVID measures but they can’t go on forever, it’s not affordable now the small remaining risk could be better managed.
You're still skirting around the issue.

"No jab, no job" STINKS.

I too would rather hope that people possess the sensibility of having the vaccine but "no jab, no job", especially as it is not in any way ILLEGAL to not have one has the potential to precursor scenarios which do not agree with a free and Liberal society.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
From an employers POV it’s an attendance issue not a jab or a COVID issue, the legal issue is employment law not Public Health nor H&S laws, although the care industry might have to consider these aspects.

With 90% of adults having had the first jab I don’t think it’s going to be a major issue anyway, although my despondency with the MSM thinks this will be blown up unnecessarily.

Getting people back in the office, those who need to be there, is going to be a bigger issue, especially in the public sector, luckily I’m not suited to the public sector.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
So what is the current policy on jabs in the mob at the moment? How about if you’re to be deployed to a place with reduced/limited medical facilities? What about residential training courses like FT where one could wipe out the rest?

fourteen2two

Corporal
I don't recall being given the option of not having the numerous vaccinations we received in one session at Swinderby back in the 70s!
You did as you were told being in the military! How things change.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I don't recall being given the option of not having the numerous vaccinations we received in one session at Swinderby back in the 70s!
You did as you were told being in the military! How things change.
People were given a choice to either accept or refuse an Anthrax jab when we embarked on our desert incursions.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Nobody's advocating sacking someone for refusing a jab. What I am advocating is that now there is a vaccine available, that sickness absences due to covid should no longer be unofficially on par with pregnancy (ie a protected characteristic).

As Busby said, there is a choice for most of us, and with that choice comes consequences. If you have done everything possible to protect yourself from Covid, then I 100% support them in trying to remain in work. However if you have refused to get protected and end up long term sick, then I wouldnt be as keen to support their retention.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Mutty,

Tens of thousands are being forced to isolate because they've been pinged by the NHS app. So if a pinged employee follows the recommendation of SAGE, government guidelines, politicians of all flavours and does the right thing by going into self isolation in accordance with accepting the responsibility of being pinged, someone, somewhere may be plotting to oust them from their job. That's a real possibility, so what mechanism does HR have to prevent an unfair dismissal in this case?
My wife has recently been pinged. She immediately contacted her manager and heeded the advice, which was that she must isolate and the company would give her Statutory Sick Pay for 10 days. She never left our house/garden for the next 10 days.

As she was following the direction of the manager and the owner of the business and complied fully, there's not a cat in hell's chance that the business could then turn round and fire her for sickness.