• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby League or Rugby Union

Rugby League or Rugby Union

• Rugby League

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Rugby Union

Votes: 23 63.9%
  • Non of the above (I am a big gay Football fan)

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters
C

cockneyrock

So, since there is a Rugby, Rugby, Rugby thread, I thought is would conduct a poll of my own to get a read out of who posts on here.

Which to do prefer, Rugby League or Rugby Union?

Please don't let this thread disintigrate into the usual "North/South, Upper/Working Class" debate. Constructive, light hearted banter is, however, encouraged!!

Last edited:
A

auchtermuchty

Not enough options on the poll in my opinion.

I say this because I prefer playing League but prefer watching Union.

as such I will reserve my vote

C

cockneyrock

auchtermuchty said:
Not enough options on the poll in my opinion.

I say this because I prefer playing League but prefer watching Union.

as such I will reserve my vote

You have to complicate things don't you :rolleyes: :pDT_Xtremez_22:

sausage2

Decorated war hero
Administrator
1000+ Posts
Being from South Wales, it has to be Union for me, cos that's all I've played. I find League too stop , start. I appreciate that it is a faster paced game, but you don't get to ruck the opponents back. Also there is loads more scope to chin someone in Union

Goaty

Corporal
League is the way forward.....

League is the way forward.....

Being of fine West Yorkshire heritage it's got to be League for me i'm afraid. The puffballers in Halifax ain't doing so well, neither are the League boys but they're doing better than Union. We weren't allowed to play football or Union at my Secondary school so it was League or Home Economics. I was fortunate 'cos I was quite good at school boy level and got to play a lot.....

Union to me is all kicking and collapsing scrums. The punch up's in union usually occur in the scrum when you can't fight back and the Ref can't see. At least in League it's a proper stand up fight with non of this stamping on a player while he's prostrate on the floor - Rooney probably got his technique from a union player. Stamp on a man while he's down....

Norman the Storeman

QA Acolyte
League is too much running around & I can't get my hair to look nice enough, despite loads of wet look gel & modelling wax! Also I can't afford the weekly chest & leg wax.

At least in Union you can have a little breather after scrums & break downs, whilst the good looking backs run it up the field.

Last edited:
C

cockneyrock

Norman the Storeman said:
League is too much running around & I can't get my hair to look nice enough, despits loads of wet look gel & modelling wax!

At least in Union you can have a little breather after scrums & break downs, whilst the good looking backs run it up the field.

In other words you're a fat Rugby Union forward who greatest gift to the game of Rugby Union is trying to crush "backs" under the weight of you enormous gut? :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
sausage2 said:
Being from South Wales, it has to be Union for me, cos that's all I've played. I find League too stop , start. I appreciate that it is a faster paced game, but you don't get to ruck the opponents back. Also there is loads more scope to chin someone in Union

No call for technically gifted and skillfull Hookers in Rugby League either S2. :pDT_Xtremez_28:

Norman the Storeman

QA Acolyte
cockneyrock said:
In other words you're a fat Rugby Union forward who greatest gift to the game of Rugby Union is trying to crush "backs" under the weight of you enormous gut? :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Actually I resemble that remark! :pDT_Xtremez_30:

I prefer to think of myself as a 6' plus 2nd row 'engine room' player who just plods around the field making awesome crunch tackles on any back who is too slow to dodge me (not many then!) :pDT_Xtremez_08:

L

Liney Hasbeen

Both great games, as players who have changed codes both ways have shown. I still think the 13 man game produces better athletes in all positions. But the grid iron mentality does tend to make it to stop start.(and produce daft names)

Being a life long wires (wolves if you must) fan my loyaltys lie with the 13.

Goaty

Corporal
Oh wanky wanky,
wanky wanky wanky wanky Warrington.....

Don't worry LHB, my team can't even crawl out of National League 1....

L

Lean "Lean" we are nearly

cockneyrock said:

Perhaps if YOU are going to get insulting you could take this to fight club.:pDT_Xtremez_32:

C

cockneyrock

Lean "Lean" we are nearly said:
Perhaps if YOU are going to get insulting you could take this to fight club.:pDT_Xtremez_32:

Ooooohhhhh saucer of milk?

There is a difference between throwing insults during a "serious" debate about rank structures, and a light-hearted forum about the difference between 2 rugby codes.

L

Liney Hasbeen

Goaty said:
Oh wanky wanky,
wanky wanky wanky wanky Warrington.....

Don't worry LHB, my team can't even crawl out of National League 1....

You've obviously been watching us over the last few years .......... I'm even tempted to join in the chant !!!!!!!!

W

wearthefoxhat

Rugby

Rugby

League or Union, having played both and enjoyed both I have decided on Union, it's just so much easier to spell than League, which looks a bit French/ Itialian to me! The word not the game!

Shameless

LAC
COME ON THE MIGHTY CASTLEFORD TIGERS. (Cas 52 - Warrington 26, Salty /discuss)

RL For me, although I like the kick and clap version as well, mostly when the Irish are making the England fans choke on their prawn sandwiches and Pimms at Twickenham.

Last edited:

Stax

Flight Sergeant
cockneyrock said:

He is also 6' 13'' and is capable of holding the pack up by himself, git!

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Union all the way...I come from an area that predominately favours union...My school would not allow kiss ball or league...I believe they played the pie and chips version over the mountains in Barrow though which was not far away...

Being lucky enough to get tickets for Twickers for internationals and having watched Wigan once at the old Central Park there is just no comparison...Prawn sandwiches every time :pDT_Xtremez_30:

N

Notsoblunt

Being another West Yorkshire lad, I'm with goaty on this one - league all the way. Although, having said that, at my secondary school they would only play union, but I enjoyed that too.

Advantages of league over union are:
1. Not so many teams from the cheese eating and surrender monkey nations (frogs & spicks) playing.
2. Almost all the stadiums are 'up north' where the prices are cheaper and the beer is better than their southern union counterparts.
3. It is the only legal way of continuing the War of the Roses.
4. I prefer pie & chips over prawn sarnies anyway!