• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RU 2019 World Cup

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Good luck to the GB Lions in the first test against New Zealand tomorrow morning, and best wishes to England v South Africa in the cup final in Japan.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
OK so I watched the final. I'm a patriotic Englishman, England are in the final there's a chance to win the world cup. It could even cheer me up after the Lions lost a close one to NZ overnight in the first test. First half oh so turgid, scrum, box kick, ruck, maul, penalty, scrum, box kick, ruck, maul, penalty, 1st phase, and on wards to Xth phase then scrum, box kick, ruck, maul, penalty, turgid. Big blokes clattering into big blokes again and again followed by scrum, box kick, ruck, maul, penalty. I even changed channels to Sky Sports news for a few minutes but on my return it was still scrum, box kick, ruck, maul, penalty. Second half it opened up a little (sadly not in England's favour) but as a feast of entertainment it was missing excitement, tries, breaks, wing play, crash ball centers. Unlucky England and well played for reaching the final, congratulations S. Africa on a winning performance.

In all probability union followers saw a totally different game to me.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
I watched the last 15 minutes. I appear to have missed all the turgid scrum, kick, pile on, penalty malarkey and got to see the only two bits of skill in the entire 80 minutes. The last try was laughable - who was that lumbering fool in the white shirt who barely jogged in the general direction of the scorer? It was the world cup final FFS - you dive and make every effort to stop him!

Even when chasing the game, England had no fluency and showed no signs of creativity - it appears they are conditioned to that style of uninspiring rugby and can only score in threes - not much use when you are 20 down in the biggest game of your life.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I watched the last 15 minutes. I appear to have missed all the turgid scrum, kick, pile on, penalty malarkey and got to see the only two bits of skill in the entire 80 minutes. The last try was laughable - who was that lumbering fool in the white shirt who barely jogged in the general direction of the scorer? It was the world cup final FFS - you dive and make every effort to stop him!

Even when chasing the game, England had no fluency and showed no signs of creativity - it appears they are conditioned to that style of uninspiring rugby and can only score in threes - not much use when you are 20 down in the biggest game of your life.
Maybe we are spoilt, we expect our players to be able to run with the ball, pass the ball, catch the ball, follow the player with the ball and score tries. Not win the match with kicking penalties.