• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RU 2019 World Cup

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
So lovers of the 15 a side version it's the RU world cup in Japan. What's your expert pundit view before a ball is kicked off the pitch on purpose.

What hope for the home nations?
Why won't NZ win it?
Who's your wild card semi finalist?

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I'm basing valuable income on England and Ireland progressing to the group stages (boozy breakfast sessions).

Scotland - Oh come on! Wales - Meh! They can sometimes experience success but I'm just not feeling it. France are so unpredicatable that you can see then havong a surprise result against a bit gun then sh1tting the bed against a weak one.

South Africa look strong and you can never write off the Kiwi's. Austrailia seem to be finishing off their warm up games strongly and Engalnd are in with a sniff as long as they don't box kick absolutely everything when plan A doesn't immediately work.

It's going to be one of the AB's, Oz, Bok, Eng or Ireland I reckon.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I have to pick NZ to win the whole thing yes they lost to the convicts a few weeks back but it's the world cup and NZ always do well in the world cup. Of the home nations as an Englishman it's England to be the best performing home nation. My surprise package to make it out of the group stages and do well Argentina. Both they and England get out of the pool and past the cheese eating surrender monkeys.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Thankfully I am in the USA for a fortnight and the games will be on about 4am. I will not be getting up to watch that kick and clap shite. With a bit of luck, all the home nations will be eliminated by the time I return and the broadcasters can concentrate on important, more entertaining programming like Loose Women and Supermarket Sweep.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I have drawn Namibia in the office sweepstake. May as well of thrown £2 out the window!

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Just stumbled upon the Japan match and there's some funny looking Japanese in that team. Their last try was not bad. Shows what you can do when you run with the ball and pass instead of all this incessant driving by big fellows up the middle.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I thought any decent Championship side could have turned over Russia today. They were fooked at 60 mins.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Just watched England beat the USA. Good win more points in the pool etc. But for an occasional watcher of Union it's still somewhat baffling why the ref blows his whistle and things are awarded.
For example a tackled player on the floor holds onto the ball for a few seconds, whistle blows, bloke penalised for failing to release the ball after the tackle while he's on the ground. Then later a tackled player on floor holds onto the ball for a few seconds and he's not penalised but pushes it back along the ground to his mates and its carry on playing lads. Some tackles are perhaps more equal than others.

Last edited:

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
And each ref has his (or her these days) own tolerances for when is ‘too long’ for holding on. It’s not perfect but it’s still better than watching kiss ball.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
England V France off due to Typhoon Hagibis.

If I read it right we still win the group and France will be second and with one less match for players to rack up injuries.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Set your alarms for an early start and get a few sharpeners in before tomorrows quarter final game v the convicts

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I have to pick NZ to win the whole thing (Wrong TB)
My surprise package to make it out of the group stages and do well Argentina (Wrong TB).

So in keeping with my expert knowledge of union and my superb tipping skills I pick Wales to beat S.Africa. :eek:

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
England were brilliant. Quick start, solid in defence, solid and attacking scrums and excellent kicking. Unlucky with the 2 knocked off tries but on both occasions decisions were correct. The only blight for England was the loss of a try to poor defence. Nige Owen was on the ball with NZ getting picked up for stuff that normally, conveniently, gets ignored by the refs on big occasions with their cynical play stamped on, killing a lot of their game.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
So I happened to have the yawnion on in the background and I swear one of the players was having a cup of tea waiting for the ball to come out the **** or mail (whatever you call it). byway on the top of screen it had phase 100 and everytime the ball came out they ran straight back to where the ball came from. Haven't they heard of passing the ball left or right and bringing the backs into play and running at the opposition.

When the Welsh did run at the springboks they scored. How can a game finish, 19-16 with only two tries.

No wonder they had to increase the points for scoring a try.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
If you want to see a great try, check out the one Tonga scored yesterday against GB when the half-time whistle had gone but the ball was sill in play. I doubt there has been a better try scored in the entire RU world cup.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
If you want to see a great try, check out the one Tonga scored yesterday against GB when the half-time whistle had gone but the ball was sill in play. I doubt there has been a better try scored in the entire RU world cup.
Their coach will be our coach next season. The year of the wolf.