• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RSOI Package at Bastion

W

WorkingClassHero

Hi

Im off to KAF in March and need to do the two day package when I arrive.

Anyone tell me what this entails roughly?? In prepared for more death by powerpoint...but any Range time or practical stuff included??

Nice one.

J

Jocktheplumber

AFAIK - They will try and get you to the range on Day 2.

sausage2

Decorated war hero
Administrator
1000+ Posts
The whole thing is a complete waste of time. powerpoint on the first day, all day and fcuking boring, only relevant to Bastion, and sh1te exercises on the second day. It's army run, so the entire thing is a cluster fcuk from start to finish. You get to march to the range, shoot your gun, and listen to some army blokes jabber on about stuff that has no relevance to you going to KAF. Enjoy

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
The battlefield First Aid brief is really good. Better then anything i've ever received on IRT or CCS. Completely irrelevant if you arn't going out the wire at KAF but it's the only brief worth paying any attention to, and there's no powerpoint. Just a Paramedic, few volunteers from the crowd and a lot of coloured water.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Completely irrelevant if you arn't going out the wire at KAF.
Really? If your area came under attack from IDF I would like to think somebody in that vicinity who hasn't been blown to bits was paying attention. ;)

sausage2

Decorated war hero
Administrator
1000+ Posts
Really? If your area came under attack from IDF I would like to think somebody in that vicinity who hasn't been blown to bits was paying attention. ;)

To be honest if you need a lesson on how to apply a tourniquet, and inject morphine then you really are a bit of a mong. Anything more serious than that then I would be waiting for the medics to turn up and mend him.

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

You've changed!:pDT_Xtremez_14:

Thankfully I managed to avoid this two day waste of time when I went out there.

Anything Army run is generally a cluster fcuk, I've no reason to suppose this is any different.

W

WorkingClassHero

Thanks for all the answers...Basically confirming what I suspected......waste of time.Thanks again.

KingGuin

Sergeant
Agree but not entirely. I'm First Aid qual but still thought the field first aid lesson was one of the best I've seen in many a long time.

Ex Tg3

SAC
It is a waste of time if you go into it with a ****e attitude, fcuk around, don't pay any attention to it and complain all the way through. Like some little **** did infront of me.

If you go into it openminded then you might find it interesting. If you've never been in this environment then you will definitely take something away from it.

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
You will get some relevant gen, if you can stay awake.. however, Box-ticking is King.

Max Reheat

Resident Drunk
1000+ Posts
Day 1 is a struggle to stay awake and completely irrelevant as others said and a few of us literally did sleep through some of the briefs. The doctors brief was funny and the ex American Marines speech was interesting and well presented but the rest you might as well leave and go home when they call for toilet breaks because you won't miss anything. Day 2 was a bit more interesting and you normally finish just after lunch, I was unlucky enough to have some racing snakes at the front on our march to the range and virtually ran there.

The whole thing is basically a refresher of IPDT

Cake or Death

Flight Sergeant
All I can say is dont moan about 2 dasy of RSOI. Yes its utter bollox but us heros on SH have to do 5 days of it! Metal detecting, FOB defence, and compound clearing anyone? Anyone?