• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Royal Marine CommanD'OH!!

M

M_for_Mother

Full article here - www.mirror.co.uk

Looks like the Marines almost hosed a bunch of French Tourists on Ex (worse things could happen).

How do the Redtops get away with such uneven reporting of military issues?

I presume that the Marines being castigated for poor navigation (the article implies they are stupid, but you don't see many Journos completing the Commando Course) are the same brave boys that went into Kabul in '02 and Al Faw in '03. I am reminded of Kipling's 'Tommy':

For it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Chuck 'im out, the brute!"

But it's "Saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot;

How long before the RAF gets it in the neck again over some gaff?

Goaty

Corporal
Facts straight.
Para's went into Kabul in '02 not the Booties. The Booties were part of TF Jacana and nothing to do with ISAF which was the Para's job....

Para's were peacekeepers and the Booties were war fighters....

M

M_for_Mother

But they flew in through Kabul, right? So, technically, I´m not wrong.

Didn´t set out to offend your sensibilities, or get in the way of your obvious hard-on for Paratroopers. This thread was not meant to be an opener for a debate on Royals vs Pongos, rather it was supposed to be a chance for members to air their views on the Gutter Press.

Its getting like you can´t scrap naked with rollmats tied to your arms around here without someone getting shirty!

MFM

Goaty

Corporal
:D By your argument that means me and the boys from 27 must've been part of the liberation of Kabul as well 'cos we went in through there as well.... :D

B

Bluntend

So, technically, I´m not wrong...

Mother, for God sakes man, have some dignity. Learning to quit whilst you're not ahead is a skill few officers command....that and never pick on plumbers. :D

P.s. Happy Saint Barbara's day for Sunday to all the Armourers out there...

Plumber

Flight Sergeant
Bluntend said:
P.s. Happy Saint Barbara's day for Sunday to all the Armourers out there...

Cheers Bluntie. I for one will be raising a glass to the old girl on Sunday. Anyone else doing anything on Sunday, apart from getting legless as is the law. :D :D