• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rnzaf

B

Bluntend

I've had a few PMs from fellow e-goaters who, like me, are planning on jumping ship (or are being pushed) and signing up with the Royal New Zealand Air Force. I figured, therefore, that there may well be more than just a handful of us heading down south (or maybe there already). If so, what are your experiences so far? For me the process has been pretty slick and I've heard nothing but good reviews from ex-RAF/newbie RNZAF people of the way Kiwis do business, but if anybody has any guidance or advice on immigration, shipping, pets, jobs for Mrs Bluntend (she's bloody well going to get one despite what she says!!!) etc, all would be well received.

For anybody interested in joining an air force with only two jet aircraft (that's 2 actual jet aircraft not 2 types of jet aircraft!), here is the link: http://www.airforce.mil.nz/

All the best,

Bluntend.

Last edited:
B

baffo

pay is sooo poo

pay is sooo poo

was gonna jump ship, got to interview stage and they sent me a dvd!

even guys on there were saying it is not that cheap a place to live
no nhs
you have to pay 4 kids state education
no double glazing
poor clothing-women there still knit

rubbish pay-like a cpl would get lac pay over there

no flights to uk included

and they only offer initially a short contract

if you google nz and check the crime figures it is not the nice haven you thought it might!

know a couple of lads that came back

ok if you got redundacy I suppose

B

Bluntend

Well, I'm not too fussed about kids - I have enough difficulty keeping pot plants alive, so kids are a long way off. As for double glazing, I don't have any now so won't miss it in the future (hopefully). Fortunately we've been quite lucky with our pad and have a bit of equity to fall back on, besides, the advice I have been given is to move to NZ for the lifestyle and not the cash, which after a few years on the rat race suits me fine.

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I was thinking of joining till Tranche 3 redundancies meant no big pay off for me. I've since noticed that they are not actually recruiting Riggers at the moment either. Too big a mortgage to leave at 22 and just emigrate - too much uncertainty - so if they don't have another recruitment drive it'll have to be age 48 (ish) then retire out there!