• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rita - North Luffenham

FootTapper

Sergeant
Just had a text to say that, sadly, Rita passed away last night.

No more details at the moment, but if anyone has any then do please post it up.

Rita was the civvy admin lass at 5131(BD) Sqn Airfield Training Flight. In ten years or so of knowing her she never failed to amaze me with her memory - she'd remember all sorts of random info and gen on bookings, admin, all sorts of things that the rest of us would have spent ages needing to look up. A few referred to her as the Oracle for her seeming ability to have her finger constantly on the pulse.

In a flight that was always changing in manpower and management she was the one constant when you went to Luffenham on a course.

Really sad to hear of her passing.

spike7451

Flight Sergeant
Just had a text to say that, sadly, Rita passed away last night.

No more details at the moment, but if anyone has any then do please post it up.

Rita was the civvy admin lass at 5131(BD) Sqn Airfield Training Flight. In ten years or so of knowing her she never failed to amaze me with her memory - she'd remember all sorts of random info and gen on bookings, admin, all sorts of things that the rest of us would have spent ages needing to look up. A few referred to her as the Oracle for her seeming ability to have her finger constantly on the pulse.

In a flight that was always changing in manpower and management she was the one constant when you went to Luffenham on a course.

Really sad to hear of her passing.

RIP Rita....

(FT...I'll pass this on to DL)

shettie

Flight Sergeant
FT - what was her surname? Not sure if I knew the lady, but my deepest condolences to friends, collegues and family...

FootTapper

Sergeant
Just realised I don't think I've ever known Rita's surname. I think everyone on 5131 (and all the stc EOD people who went on courses) just knew her as Rita.

Sorry can't help on that one

shettie

Flight Sergeant
No probs matey - I knew a Rita that worked at the GRSC years back - don't suppose it was the same lady...