• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Resettlement

Dan_Brown

Sergeant
Well, 20 years done - yey!!

Popped into work today to find an email saying that due to only 2 years left i need to book resettlement stuff to qualify for grant etc.

Any tips / advice or will it all be explained in the briefing?

Also, there is a tiny, tiny, tiny chance i may get picked up this year (board is released April) - do i hang on until then or start as if i'm coming out (hee hee) and if get picked up get another resettlement later down the line?

Keyser Söze

Corporal
definitely get 2 bites of the resettlement apple if you can !!!! IIRC there has to be a 2 year gap between each resettlement leave chunks :)

Resettlement

Nice one DB, take as much in reward in as much as you've given them over the years. Take the resettlement allowances now, get some Q's on your belt (I know of one or two who were in your position now) and if your successful in promotion (all the best) take even more!

Me, I've got until 30 Nov until I become a Mr (can't wait)! I've got what I want booked between now and then; one course of a few courses booked will be personnally paid for by me as it's not ELC registered but it's what I REALLY want to do as my own business (not pole dancing BTW - that WOULD be a sore sight for eyes)

Last edited:

timaloy

Corporal
No harm in starting it. If you get picked up good if you don't and you haven't started it you'll be running around trying to do everything you want to do