• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Resettlement years

dbt101

LAC
Hello All,

Does anyone know the current RAF policy on DWRs for personnel in their last 2 years of service? I'm entering my last 2 soon and looking at lots of courses. One I'm particularly interested in, is a twice a week evening course lasting 18 months. Before committing, it would be good to know if I'm open to a det. I realise I could use the course in a P&G statement, but that doesn't leave me safe.
Not a det dodger, done my fair share, just want some reassurance. I'm close to top of the list as I will be upgraded next month once I pass the AFT, which I'm confident of. I could go to my desk, but don't really want to raise my head above the parapet!
Any help, much appreciated.

DBT

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Hello All,

Does anyone know the current RAF policy on DWRs for personnel in their last 2 years of service? I'm entering my last 2 soon and looking at lots of courses. One I'm particularly interested in, is a twice a week evening course lasting 18 months. Before committing, it would be good to know if I'm open to a det. I realise I could use the course in a P&G statement, but that doesn't leave me safe.
Not a det dodger, done my fair share, just want some reassurance. I'm close to top of the list as I will be upgraded next month once I pass the AFT, which I'm confident of. I could go to my desk, but don't really want to raise my head above the parapet!
Any help, much appreciated.

DBT

Last time I went I was notified within my last 2 years and came back with 11 months left

unruly1986

Sergeant
You can be nominated. Whether or not you will be is another thing. One way of guaranteeing that you won't deploy is to go onto flexible service, but that comes with a pay decrease.

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
You can be nominated. Whether or not you will be is another thing. One way of guaranteeing that you won't deploy is to go onto flexible service, but that comes with a pay decrease.

3% of X-factor so not a great pay cut!

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Could you request flexi service to your last year then flip back once you're unlikely to be picked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk