• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

reservist debt

R

rommy1972

Hi everybody.

I applied to join the RAF reserves and was accepted but unfortunately failed the vetting procedure because I have some debt.

I'm so angry about it. None of my debts are out of control and nobody is chasing for money.

I'm 38 already so I really do feel that this was my last chance. I thought I might apply again at Christmas. Some of my debt is paid off already and some of the old defaults drop off at that time. It just depends how strict they are.

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer
Hi everybody.

I applied to join the RAF reserves and was accepted but unfortunately failed the vetting procedure because I have some debt.

I'm so angry about it. None of my debts are out of control and nobody is chasing for money.

I'm 38 already so I really do feel that this was my last chance. I thought I might apply again at Christmas. Some of my debt is paid off already and some of the old defaults drop off at that time. It just depends how strict they are.

In the good old, bad old days, debt would make you a potential target for some Russian bloke with a fist full of cash to turn into a willing informant. Bouncing a cheque would have you marching in hatless to the boss, repeating it would have your cheque book in the bosses desk under his control.

Harby1

LAC
Wow, hadn't realised that this might be an issue as I'm a similar age, with debts and a family. Was it all unsecured debt? (if you don't mind me asking). I can see that this post was a couple of years ago, if you still monitor the forum from time to time it'd be interesting to see how things panned out for you? Harby.

Sniffer

Super Moderator
Harby, This is an old thread however, I suspect that the debt he had wasn't the real issue, more likely the defaults showing on his credit history wouldn't have looked too good.

lawman

SAC
Just for info: If you do bounce a cheque or get into debt and said banks/companies contact your boss/CO I would urge you to seek legal advice--you will have them nailed based on privacy law. I look back now on what the NAAFI's used to do and cringe.