• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reserves Kit

I join the reserves (attest) shortly up north. I live down south.

The FS stated that it would be best to bring a car for all the kit i get on the day .. I don't yet have my licence posted by dvla so my questions:

1) What kit do you actually get
2) Do I need a car or could I take a large bergen (100 litres?) do ? (remember I have to travel on a train and tube).

Cheers

dessp2

SAC
I join the reserves (attest) shortly up north. I live down south.

The FS stated that it would be best to bring a car for all the kit i get on the day .. I don't yet have my licence posted by dvla so my questions:

1) What kit do you actually get
2) Do I need a car or could I take a large bergen (100 litres?) do ? (remember I have to travel on a train and tube).

Cheers

If you are talking all Blue plus PCS kit you are better bringing a car.

I agree with Dessp2… initial kitting when I joined the Auggies included 2 full sets of greens with boots, ECW kit, CBRN (minus respirator), field kit – mess tins etc., and full blues except No 1 SD. We were issued a black holdall, but no way could it contain everything… it filled my car’s boot.
You might not get everything due to availability issues, I remember getting a deficiency chit for a few items… but you do get the bulk of what you need on the day.

Gosh thanks ... seems like a long list, they have booked me out for two and a half hours of afternoon kit. I may have to get someone to pick me up or try and get DVLA shifted so i get a hire car cos it sounds like i will need it ! I don't even know what half that kit is but thanks !!

Silly other question, do you bring this kit up and down each time you do your weekend training? or do you need to only bring part of it? - am already confused this isn't going to be good .... :pDT_Xtremez_42:

Don't worry bru, for your first few weekends of training your sqn admin will issue you with instructions on what kit you need to bring with you.
While you're in your green phase you can forget about blue uniform, as you'll be spending all your time in MTP PCS.
Always remember to take your boot polish kit, Brasso and some yellow dusters (you'll need these for bull nights, as well as to polish behind your beret badge) and take an iron - you can't rely on the irons in the accommodation - and most important of all, your sense of humour - get these right and you'll be fine.
Just relax and enjoy it!

Thanks Bru

Good advice, don't know what MTP PCS is but look forward to finding out.

I take it on the chin and crack on and enjoy a laugh when appropriate so happy with that.

I was told to arrive for pre brtc training weekend at 830? sunday will be up at 7am leave at 3pm. I presume accommodated on base with amenities but again will take an Iron !