• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reserved rights

Scenario: You remustered to a trade offering time promotion 3 years out of training to cpl and a further 4 years to sgt.1 year out of training in new trade, you hear rumours they are getting rid of time promo to sgt but keeping to cpl.

Q1. Can they do this if you remustered specifically for time promo to sgt or do they have to restrict it to new entrants to trade after a certain date.

Q2. If they do do it, what is it saying in AP3376 Vol 1, part 1 chap 10:

1. The term "reserved rights" is normally used to identify personnel serving in a trade that has been subject to a significant change eg loss of time promotion and as a consequence their conditions of service are significantly affected by that change. Once a decision has been made individuals will be advised of the change and of their reserved rights which may be to either the rank or pay.

and

Reserved Rights to Promotion

3. Apart from the removal of the jnr tech rank most of the changes have been as a result of the loss of time promotion. If the decision only affects new recruits after a given date then the procedures and criteria to effect the time promotion of those serving at the time of the change remain extant until they are promoted or discharged.

and

Reserved Rights to Pay

4. If the decision is made to withdraw time promotion for all personnel in a trade, or group of trades, but individuals currently serving have been given the reserved rights to the pay of the appropriate rank(s) then the following procedures will be followed to effect the award of the pay.

Q3. Does this say they still have to award the pay but not the rank??

Q4. Is there grounds for a service complaint if it turns out true? especially as some people turned down thier Cpls to retrade putting themselves back a few years.

Last edited:

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
TBH it is very difficult to read your post.

It may be as well to use the return key and use paragraphs and sentences so that readers can differentiate between all your different questions, quotes and statements.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
SS, are you using a phone or tablet to make your posts?

I think it was Fomz that edited your post last night to make it more readable. Now it is back to a single block of text and I see that you have recently edited it.

SS, are you using a phone or tablet to make your posts?I think it was Fomz that edited your post last night to make it more readable. Now it is back to a single block of text and I see that you have recently edited it.
nope, good ol dii comp. looks ok until you hit post and then it does that. weird. I will leave it alone now.