• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

removals types

sp4rks

SAC
i'm moving into my own house soon, anyone ere got any good recommendations?

we're in gloucestershire, so local to there would be good or even the companies the RAF use to move us round

cheers la:pDT_Xtremez_30:

E

Edzar

Are you moving locally, like withing 100 miles or so?

If so, get your own van (I'm sure you will know someone with an LGV licence if necessary), then get a few mates to assist......get yer better half to feed and water them and give them a slab of ale each (or a bottle of their favourite single malt) and they will be happy.

Thats what I did, and numerous before me when buying our own houses.

It will save a small fortune and everyone will have a laff smashing your dishes and dropping your furniture into the puddles!! (kidding):pDT_Xtremez_30:

whatever you do, don't use Whites. they fooked up on bringing our stuff to sunny belgium and we were left with fook all for 2 weeks while they tried to say we never gave them an address. Fcuking idiots! deffo get someone with an HGV licence, much cheaper

sp4rks

SAC
i'm looking into doing it myself with some of the boys cos it'll probably only cost me 200 squid, plus beer, plus i can drive a 7.5 tonner anyhoo so at the mo it's looking like my best option

Sad git

Corporal
Banana boxes ........................

Seriously, get some from the supermarket etc. They are a good size, stack well, the weight when full is manageable and they are free.

We must have filled about 30 of then when we last moved. Wrote the name of the room they were for in the new house and carted half of them up two fights of stairs when we got there ………… knackered.

Some stuff is still in some of them after 9 years.

Its amazing what junk you accumulate.

paramole

SAC
best to do it your self if its local , at least you know that it will all be packed correctly.
never used removal companys.