• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Relocation leave?

FootTapper

Sergeant
Ok just after some info here.

I'm shortly posted. I currently have a room in the block, but will most likely have moved out before the posting date. When I get posted I'll be staying living out.

One person has told me it's 5 days relocation leave on posting nowadays, another has said because I'm not moving from SLA to SLA (or SFA to SFA) I'll not get relocation.

I don't know if I should wait until posting to officially "move out" of SLA on my current camp and into my living out place, or move out, then get posted.

Anyone know the gen? I tried to look it up, but had no joy with making sense of the APs.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Simple...

If you are posted to a different unit and changing your Residence at Work Address, you get 5 days.

If you are posted to a different unit and not changing your RAW Address you get 1 day.

Its in JSP 760.

FootTapper

Sergeant
Aha - since I've got a room in the block at current base that's my RWA, so if I hand it back on posting and officially move out at same time then 5 days?

Does the same JSP have details of disturbance allowance amounts? (I'd imagine if it's not been totally cut then I'd only get the singly amount for first move out)

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
If its a place you are moving to on posting that you have not previously been claiming GYH for, then you get the full whack.

JSP 752 refers.

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Simple...

If you are posted to a different unit and changing your Residence at Work Address, you get 5 days.

If you are posted to a different unit and not changing your RAW Address you get 1 day.

Its in JSP 760.

Isn't the above subject to interpretation of the Chf Clk's Manual?:pDT_Xtremez_14: