• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Relics of closure

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Thirty-eight RAF bases in the UK have closed in the past 20 years as part the Ministry of Defence's "constant review of defence needs". But what happened to them after the military left? The link shows some of the 38 RAF camps of yesteryear which have been left to the weeds or the paint ballers, a scrap harrier, Jaguar nose section? 20M radar dishes on the floor and an overturned Wessex.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-28674396

Wobbly_Jon

Corporal
Relics of closure

Cracking site. I knew of some of the airfields especially in NW England like Speke, Ringway, Millom, etc, from my youth but I never knew there were oh so many others.