• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Reformation of Marillion?

mightyhunter

Sergeant
On Sunday 26th August, Fish played at Hobble On The Cobbles, a free festival in Aylesbury. For his encore, Market Square Heroes, he was joined by Marillion!! The first time in 19 years they have shared a stage together.
Have a read here.
here.
Let's hope this isn't the last one!

Last edited:

HeWitch

Corporal
Great news, although I saw Marillion, definately WITH Fish, at a packed Student dive in Swansea about 5 years ago. Great show, VERY intimate.

3Chordwonder

One of my good friends is the man who introduced Fish to Marrilion and engineered their first album.

He runs a studio in High Wycombe.

Spurdog

Corporal
I've seen Marillion many times over the years both with Fish and H at the helm. There is no comparison really, H is a far superior singer with a great stage presence. Since Seasons End they have just got better and better and never looked back. Saw them in Wolves earlier in the year and they blew the place away. Looking forward to their pre xmas tour, my tickets are already booked. If you want more info, or to pre book tickets for the tour, go to marillion.com.

mightyhunter

Sergeant
I've seen Marillion many times over the years both with Fish and H at the helm. There is no comparison really, H is a far superior singer with a great stage presence. Since Seasons End they have just got better and better and never looked back. Saw them in Wolves earlier in the year and they blew the place away. Looking forward to their pre xmas tour, my tickets are already booked. If you want more info, or to pre book tickets for the tour, go to marillion.com.
i was at the wolves gig myself. a good night. off to see fish at the end of the month at robin2, wolves. still would like to see a limited tour of the original line-up.

tourettes

Corporal
Ok Spurdog I will give you that Steve Hogarth is a better singer but there is no way that he has more stage presence than Fish. The big guy is a complete showman and plays the crowd like an instrument.

When he appeared in the middle of the audience at the Barrowlands while singing the intro to Vigil in a wilderness of mirrors resulted in a stunned crowd, not something that H would do or carry off.

Anyone else remember chanting "Gies A Bun" at a Marillion gig?

Spurdog

Corporal
Ok Spurdog I will give you that Steve Hogarth is a better singer but there is no way that he has more stage presence than Fish. The big guy is a complete showman and plays the crowd like an instrument.

When he appeared in the middle of the audience at the Barrowlands while singing the intro to Vigil in a wilderness of mirrors resulted in a stunned crowd, not something that H would do or carry off.

I saw Fish with the boys a few times. I wouldn't say he has a lot of stage presence but he sure does fill the stage.....cos he's funking huge. If H tried to get in the middle of the crowd and sing nobody would notice the little git. H is far more likely to have a laugh and a joke with the crowd and on occassion try somthing totally stupid like climbing the speaker stack. Almost had the lot down when they played wolves on the marbles tour. One more thing, would Fish ever have dreamed up the musical cricket bat?

I reckon they became a far better band after Fish was shown the door. Fish is not out of the loop totally, he does a show on Planet rock, I think it is on Friday evenings but could be wrong. Still love the first four albums but reckon their best stuff is post DWD, just been listening to Marillion.com.....Funking fantastic. Mrs Spurdog is a big fan of Afraid of Sunlight, she loves it when they play King live.

If you are reading this thread and you have never seen them live, get your arse on the website and get some tickets for the up coming tour. You will not be dissapointed. Reckon I have seen them twenty or so times and I've not seen a bad show yet.

mightyhunter

Sergeant
just got back from seeing the big man in bilston. he's still got it. being the TWENTITH anniversary of CaS, a third of his set was songs from said album. last encore was, of course, Incommunicado. brilliant way to finish.

was there at the time, tourettes. he did the same tonight.

aye. it carried onto his solo gigs...... except for tonight where he shouted it down. chants of 'Grendel' were also heckled. strange that!!:pDT_Xtremez_31:

tourettes

Corporal
chants of 'Grendel' were also heckled. strange that!!:PDT_Xtremez_31:[/QUOTE said:
Was at one of his first solo gigs at the Edinburgh Playhouse, Fish asks the audience what they want for the encore.

Obvious answer of Grendel, was replied to by "Aye, when Hibs win the cup then!"