• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Redundancy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that we will even get a single place offered....but

......I was wondering how many in the branch would apply. Considerng the embarrasment that other branches and trades suffered when 50 places were offered and 250 appled, I was wondering if we were in store for something similar, i.e. 10 places offered and the whole branch apply :pDT_Xtremez_42:

F

FiledIntuitively

Port Vodka Redbull (PVR, geddit??)

Port Vodka Redbull (PVR, geddit??)

Never mind that, heard the skank on the last baby IntO course from the home of oniondogging, a new Commonwealth sport?

I only found out today, third hand, from the Ivory Tower, when my long-promised (okay, nine months of gap equating to 50% of trained manpower) deputy dawg vanished into a puff of PVR along with how many?

What's been going on in onionland? :raf:

What what!

Rumours leaving the O&D???

My personal opinion is that people who don't want to be part of what we do, should not be doing it. Take the queen's shilling, proud to serve and all that!

Questions!

None...

I

Inch High PI

I couldn't leave now anyway, I have become addicted to the smell of onions! and the nemesis would never cope without me!!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

L

luke

Right on the dotted....

Right on the dotted....

Have to agree with MotR that my 1/- is still worth every d (c'mon youths, get with the old money!)

I still find it hard to comprehend pers that sign up for the military and then leave when it asks them to do their primary task.

Armed service not the Social service!! (what did they think they were going to do?).

What saddens me is that these LMFs have effectively barred someone from the service (in these days of many applicants but few places) that may have gone on to great things due to their enthusiasms...

"Enthusiasms....enthusiasms....." (wanders casually around the dining table with baseball bat in hand).

Capone (sorry, De Niro) was right. If you don't play for the team then expect to get your head caved in!!!

C

Cat of Shadows

Inch High PI said:
I couldn't leave now anyway, I have become addicted to the smell of onions! and the nemesis would never cope without me!!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Hmmm, knowing the Nemesis as well as I do, I feel your loss would not be one too hard for him to bare young Inch High!! I'm sure he could arrange something to shorten your tenure at Defence Estates if you so wish!! Maybe TIW would be more to your liking or a cave not to far away from your current location??

As I have said to Stella before......be very careful for what you wish for!

As for the PVR rate off the course, I agree with MOTRAF and Luke..........oxygen thieves the lot of them, they have effectively wasted those slots for individuals who really would want to do the job. Annoyingly we are still having to put up with them prancing around in uniform whilst they clear from the Service; personally they should have been de-frocked, they are not worthy of wearing the uniform/rank.

You are the weakest link, goodbye!!

I

Iron Felix

Tranche 3

Tranche 3

Can't help but agree with CoS.

On a similar vein, any news about today's announcement about Tranche 3 redundancies?

F

FiledIntuitively

how many guineas ...

how many guineas ...

... can this bunch of LMF MFs have cost the training system?

I quite agree with my honourable learned friends above that if you don't want to do the job then peck off sharpish squire! But my question is this - if (select RUMINT setting) someone decides to quit AFTER they have been told they have passed a course, even if it is before the official end date of the course, then surely there must be some form of golden handcuffs. If you pass the course and want to cut and run then the sods must be made to pay. (RUMINT off)

Anyone hazard a guess at what the actuaries reckon a slot on the new AND improved JAIC++ costs HMG? It's costing me sleepless nights as I toss and toss, wondering just how we will make it through SLT with 1 x IntO at the Sector and 1 x IntO at the DOB, with no other staff in sight. Pass the sherry dearies I think I need to lie down after all this ......... :pDT_Xtremez_35:

I

Iron Felix

Redundancy

FI,

Good to see you last week. I believe that you are right in believing that they are now IN and should therefore have to buy out. I believe that In Tor What might have something to say about this, especially if our masters do not have the courage to make them pay back what they now owe the system.

C

Cat of Shadows

FiledIntuitively said:
.................But my question is this - if (select RUMINT setting) someone decides to quit AFTER they have been told they have passed a course, even if it is before the official end date of the course, then surely there must be some form of golden handcuffs. If you pass the course and want to cut and run then the sods must be made to pay. (RUMINT off)

FI

(RUMINT setting to 'on') Yes, I understand one, technically two, did claim PVR on completion and should have been held to account with the preverbial 'pound of flesh', however...(RUMINT setting to 'off').........I would not want them in the branch in that frame of mind.

We are strapped enough as a Branch without the threat of having to carry 'dead weight' to boot...................quite frankly, mag to grid the lot of them. I'd sooner be on my own operationally and battle through than have to worry about a cling-on who's only concern is how quickly they can get out.........mind is not on the job in hand, can't be left unsupervised and quite frankly bl***y dangerous to have around. :pDT_Xtremez_25:

My real annoyance though comes from having to continue to see them wandering about wasting oxygen at O&D................the Green Slime are very good at managing that all on their own!!

M

Me!

Good grief!!! RUMINT on... How many does that make that have PVR'd off of the current JAIC??!! There were 2 when I was at "the home", have I got my self in a confused muddle and now make it 4, counting the 2 that cat is talking about (have they recently finished?)? It sadly doesn't take much :pDT_Xtremez_38: (to confuse me, not make bods PVR off of the JAIC that is) RUMINT off....

C

Cat of Shadows

Me! said:
Good grief!!! RUMINT on... How many does that make that have PVR'd off of the current JAIC??!! There were 2 when I was at "the home", have I got my self in a confused muddle and now make it 4, counting the 2 that cat is talking about (have they recently finished?)? It sadly doesn't take much :pDT_Xtremez_38: (to confuse me, not make bods PVR off of the JAIC that is) RUMINT off....

(RUMINT setting to 'On') No Me!, you're not easily confused, I believe you'll find the total number was 4 PVR'd from the last course........(RUMINT setting to 'Off')

Yes they Gradded last week.

stella

LAC
People PVR-ing after a course????!!!!!

People PVR-ing after a course????!!!!!

WTF Over!!!!!!

These people should be hung, drawn and quartered and their severed heads displayed outside the Priory for all to see!!!! I say we threaten to do to them what happened to poor ol' Rosata............brick 'em up::/:

(Sorry I think I've been watching Braveheart too much recently!!!!)

But honestly I've never heard of such a thing. All I can say is that I'm glad they are not out here in the desert with me being unenthusiastic about a job which I'm having an absolute ball doing!! Huzzah:pDT_Xtremez_30:

L

luke

WTF RUMINT on/off

WTF RUMINT on/off

dearie me, spend a few days on ops and all of a sudden I can't keep up with the rest of you spooks

Can someone explain the need for the RUMINT on/off thing?

That's what I thought the whole point of the goat was!?

Yet another "spook youff kaltcharrr" that has passed me by? (blimey, and I was only gone for just under 3 weeks)

Just in from Brize this am - kin hell it's parky :raf:

Last edited:
S

SAMster

You can see why they PVR'd - its a lot of stress trying to fit in JAIC, ISSC, JOCC and a secondary duty before promotion in your second tour....

S

Secret_Squirrel

Promotion?

Promotion?

What is one of those? I have heard rumours but have yet to experience a meaningful ( none automatic) one myself!

:raf:

rover014

LAC
4 PVRS of an enlistment course? fookin cockjockies! How What Why? I'm guessing from your comments this referrers to the god like ones, as I have heard nothing pertaining to massive defections from us mortals... Y/N?

Either way sod 'em, I for one joined up to wear the blue suit for life, for myself this is a career not a friggin' job. Sadly it would appear very few of my colleagues are like minded, I could understand the mindset if we lived in the age of national service, but these wasters JOINED of their own free will and hopefully of a sound mind. When I signed on that dotted line (I'm still waiting for that Shilling) for 9 and 6 (now 22, god help us all), I meant it, PVR should be reserved for exceptional circumstances, and not granted to all who ask... a contract is a contract 12 months notice or not.

C

Cat of Shadows

stella said:
................But honestly I've never heard of such a thing....................

Stella, don't worry your pretty head about it my love, you've not been in long enough to have heard about a very many things!! :pDT_Xtremez_31:

Last edited:

stella

LAC
Cat of Shadows said:
Stella, don't worry your pretty head about it my love, you've not been in long enough to have heard about a very many things!! :pDT_Xtremez_31:

that just makes you a very old man - Cat:pDT_Xtremez_26:

Status
Not open for further replies.