• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Recent Reg, left, now joining Reserves

So! I left the RAF regulars as a fairy (avionics) on Tornado GR4's at marham. My final day in the RAF was 19th may, and I have started a job in civvy street, but I'm missing certain aspects of the RAF life. I fancy joining the reserves, if possible, in the same trade. I've heard there is a reserve squadron at Brize, and would quite fancy that. Would I go back in at my old rank (SAC Tech) or would I have to start as an SAC and do a certain time as a bloody AMM before I get my magical hoop of power back? I have also heard that I wouldn't have to do RTS again (THANK GOD!), PLEASE tell me this is true!

If I was to change trade, what training would I have to do? This is just curiosity, I might fancy a new challenge.

Any help is MASSIVELY appreciated. Might even get the cakes in if you're nice!