• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Re-joining the Auggies

Anyone on this forum been unhinged enough to:
  • successfully join the Auggies
  • get through BRTC, BMT, OPS, serve on OOA
  • Leave after you’ve done your time
  • 8 years after leaving, re-apply (& face renewed prospect of doing all the abovementioned - including becoming AC Plonk - all over again)
Open question, because I’m deep in the re-joining process and seriously doubting my sanity. Any and all feedback welcomed.

GL

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
:-D!! Advice...Psychiatrist?? :-D!!!

Ex TG4 my end!! Good luck anyways M8. Done my 22 Years and 10 months and even thought about reservist. But so much B0llloXXX in the system now I thought...NAH!!!! Reservist/Auggie..Not for me!!!

Where would you be stationed?? Home of Raf Reg?

UlsterExile

Sergeant
They will do an assessment of your previous service and should do an AP7000 to see where you need to be. Although its normally within 7 years they will forgo any training so they may require you to undergo the whole process again. They can look at doing an AI19 which will be accelerated promotion based on your previous service if they insist on you going through both parts of BRTC again.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Yes me. Left at 36 as Flt Lt. Rejoined at 53 as AC and did all of the aformentioned including Officer selection and training again, and then got mobilised and went on Ops at 55, returned, got bored with the treadmill and went FTRS and still there.

What do you need to know?