• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RC Flying

The Logitician

Corporal
Hi,

Am looking into the RC flying world. Want to get some sort of starter a/c, seen plenty on the web but after advice from the guys who are already in the know!

I guess i'm after a high wing a/c, or if i could would love an electric airbrush? jet. Don't want to spend the world, but something that i will be able to have a lot of fun with.

Cheers!

The Logitician

Corporal
Hi,

Am looking into the RC flying world. Want to get some sort of starter a/c, seen plenty on the web but after advice from the guys who are already in the know!

I guess i'm after a high wing a/c, or if i could would love an electric airbrush? jet. Don't want to spend the world, but something that i will be able to have a lot of fun with.

Cheers!

Just putting it back out there, sill wanting to geek my life up!

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
Into Helicopters myself as well.

For a beginner, single rotor indoor type thing I would recommend an E-Flite mSR. You can get it ready to fly with a crappy transmitter. If you are going to get into it seriously though, I would recommend a Spektrum DX6i transmitter. It runs on the new ish 2.4 band system which does not have the old interference problems of old, and has 10 model memories and enough settings to satisfy most electric heli needs.

Then you need a simulator. Phoenix is pretty much considered the daddy and while it is expensive, you save that in buying spares after 1 decent crash.

Moving up to decent outdoor Helicopters then a Trex 450 or clone of is hard to beat for money/enjoyment ratio.

I get my bigger heli stuff from Concept Copters, if anybody is going to buy anything from there, let me know before making an account and I will refer you and we both then get a fiver off. Every fiver counts, RC Helicopters are expensive toys :)