• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rank?

I would be grateful if someone knowledgable could furnish me with the answer to the following question.

I left the RAF in 1996 following five years service. I then joined the TA for two years. I have now enlisted in the RAuxAF and would like to know if my previous service counts for any seniority/early promotion. (ie. Do I join as an LAC?)

Thanks in advance.:pDT_Xtremez_19:

PingDit

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I suspect you would join as an AC until you'd completed all mandatory training. This would then probably be followed by fairly rapid promotion.

E

Eddie1234

I would be grateful if someone knowledgable could furnish me with the answer to the following question.

I left the RAF in 1996 following five years service. I then joined the TA for two years. I have now enlisted in the RAuxAF and would like to know if my previous service counts for any seniority/early promotion. (ie. Do I join as an LAC?)

Thanks in advance.:pDT_Xtremez_19:

I know some people who got fast tracked through their basic training to LAC due to their previous service.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
So many variables

So many variables

Rank does not carry forward into the reserves and 'normally' vice versa, at the moment.

However, if you can give the time, and have the right attitude promotion in the reserves can be rapid, they tend to have a higher churn rate, however, they can be a bit clique.

Good luck and enjoy it.

TotalWar

LAC
Ask your recruiting staff/Adj at your new Squadron if you can retain your regular rank. They may let you start as an LAC, SAC or higher depending on the Squadron and slots available.
I joined the Auggies last year, and had been SAC/acting Cpl in the regulars 10 years previously, I asked if I would retainan rank, they allowed me to start as an LAC(I joined as Force protection trade, so it wasnt my original trade). Others who had been ex Regiment for example, rejoined as SACs or Cpls.

Its worth asking, its extra money.