• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAFP and Ebay

W

welshwizard

Is it true there is a section of 'snowdrops' at Henlow dedicated to investigating service items offered for sale on Ebay?

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
The RMPs do it

The RMPs do it

I know that the RMPs do, IGS permitting.

They probably read this too.

Just have a look on ebay at service stuff and you'll realise you can get just about anything you want, if you lose something and supply are being a bit asre then it's lot cheaper than paying full cost.

bigred1

SAC
Wow! They must be so busy.Not!::p:
Bought a replacement leatherman on E-bay.Imagine my surprise when
I recieved it complete with stamped NSN on the side!!!!!!!!!!:pDT_Xtremez_15:

Gillo

Banned
Wow! They must be so busy.Not!::p:
Bought a replacement leatherman on E-bay.Imagine my surprise when
I recieved it complete with stamped NSN on the side!!!!!!!!!!:pDT_Xtremez_15:

NSN means nothing as proof of source. Some firms who supply Mil run big stock runs and can,t be bothered re-tooling or putting numbers on in first place as 'Bar Codes' have replaced stamping. Silvermans is another good example of a company who buy direct from same supply source as Mil.
A very high profile Lawyer dissed Court Martial a few years ago when he produced a screwdriver which he had bought in local market as proof that possession of NSN does not mean its been stolen from a service source. Even funnier when same client was being done for stealing a dog kennel. The size of kennel did not match contract requirement. Big red faces when it was revealed contractor was ripping us off in the first place.

Chaka

Sergeant
Its the only way we can get spares for Tornado these days,what's the problem?:pDT_Xtremez_30:

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
There was a guy who tried to sell a Jaguar Landing lamp on E-bay. He was raided and the court marshal cost him a bob or too. He didn't lose his pension or the other money he was due to receive.

insty66

Corporal
I have received a phone call from "an Officer" asking about IFF transponders that were being sold on e-bay, some I'm pretty sure someone looks.:0

W

welshwizard

Not just a rumour then?

I heard the story from a friend of a friend that knew a stacker had been 'nicked' for selling a pallet, yes an entire pallet of blue roll (Kim-wipe) on Ebay...........I think that amounts to 500 individual rolls!

Used a forklift to put it on LDV truck, drove to his MARRIED QUARTER and unloaded into his garage..............

The stupidity of some people astounds me!

I thought us teckies did some silly things.

WW

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Just like the seller from "Rutland, UK" that had 550 "Royal Air Force" CS95 badges for sale on ebay - the stupidity of some people astounds me!

foxvc10

Corporal
I am in the aviation industry. I purchase a lot of stuff government surplus.

http://www.liquibiz.com/

In the past I have bought aircraft parts (75000 line itmes of Harrier) for a pittance. I sold most of it on for a considerable mark-up. (100%+)

The junk that I cant sell goes onto e-bay for all the rubber-neckers/cabbages out there. Ive sold two complete HUD's for £100.00+.

Im ex-RAF and if they come knocking on my door I would just laugh in there face and show them all the paperwork. Laughable really!

I market it all properly and you would never guess who buys the most of it!

Yes its the MoD.

I

ICATQ

There is a department within MoD that monitors fraud and other potential offences on all the online auction websites, not just ebay.

Others do get busted having been reported by individuals, such as the pilot that was selling his issue watch on ebay, he even included a photo of the serial number which was handy.