• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF Saxa Vord 1984

I was just watching a documentary about a couple relocating to the Shetland Isalnds. Which reminded of my time there at RAF Saxa Vord. I did a google search and stumbled upon these pictures from the AOCs inspection in 1984. Just so happens I'm on the photos. I don't remember anything about it or who the others were except the OIC who was OC RSF at the time. I'm the spotty J/T. Cool finding these 36 years later:

8xdND0L.jpg

y8fFtkB.jpg

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The old days of AOC's inspecting rows of troops, the march past the podium after loads of practice sessions, the whole place smelling of fresh paint and polish. More stuff on my list of things I don't miss about life in a blue suit.

GD on Wheels

Sergeant
The other downside of being part of a large-ish section is that you get chosen every year to march around in circles.