• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF Reserves post - question...

Hi there,
i enquired about a civilian job with the reserves and I called the RAF reserves number as given online. I then recieved an email which said I'm to now basically wait for the relevant base to email or phone me regarding the role I am interested in! It's been 2 days now and I've heard nothing....how long am I expected to wait until I hear from someone ?

I'm really baffled as the process isn't quite as straight forward as it is for applying for 'normal' jobs you see in your local paper or online etc.

im just worried because I don't want to miss the boat due to human error... Though the guy on the reserves career line took my address and number and email.
If its a case of sit and wait then this is painful!!!
plus, it's a job I'd totally love doing....
any advice is very much appreciated.
Caroline

Last edited:

Mag2grid

Corporal
Having attempted this new recruitment process myself it is shocking.

You've called "Callcredit" who are basically a large call centre who take the calls, send initial emails and are possibly the most unhelpful people I've had the pleasure of dealing with. When I applied to join the reserves over 18 month ago they sat on my online application for 7 months,I called every couple of weeks, got the same story "it's taking 6-8 weeks to process applications". I binned it off in the end, largely due to them.

my advice, get hold of the squadron you are applying to telephone number via the MOD operator and speak to them direct, if I had pressed on with my application that's what I would have done.

If you do get past the initial hurdle of them sending you application to an ACIO then you'll have all the fun of "Capita Health &Wellbeing" who do the recruitment medicals for entry now.

Archer01

LAC
I had this problem yesterday. Guy on the phone knew less than I did and I only knew what was on the RAF site. I did get an email with an application button in it, but no useful information, and he promised me some kind of brochure on the reserves!

I used the RAF site to locate the names of local squadrons, but the contact numbers are all for the damn call centre, again! However, when I asked for specific squadrons they did give me the contact numbers. After that, their usefulness seemed to be at an end.