• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF (Reserve Forces) Small Arms Association

H

Huey

Hi all,
The website for the RAF (Reserve Forces) Small Arms Association has shut down it seems in the last week or so. If any one here is in it I would like to know more, as I may qualify to join, as I am currently a cadet.

thanks

Huey

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Hi all,
The website for the RAF (Reserve Forces) Small Arms Association has shut down it seems in the last week or so. If any one here is in it I would like to know more, as I may qualify to join, as I am currently a cadet.

thanks

Huey

I'm assuming you are talking about the RAF Small Arms Association.

PM me and I'll put you in touch with the membership secretary.

MP

H

Huey

I did meant the reserve forces one, for Auxiliaries, VR, VR(T), ATC and CCF. The site may be gone or closed for maintenance. I doubt I qualify for the regular RAFSAA.

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I did meant the reserve forces one, for Auxiliaries, VR, VR(T), ATC and CCF. The site may be gone or closed for maintenance. I doubt I qualify for the regular RAFSAA.

I'm sure it's one and the same. RAFSAA exists for all areas of the RAF. Cooheed and I recently shot in CSAM 2008 and the competitors included a VR(T) Flight Lieutenant.

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Concur with Monty. There is no seperate association for Reserve Forces, cadets and the like. RAFSAA is one........... no so big as it used to be......... family :pDT_Xtremez_30:

H

Huey

Ah thanks very much. :pDT_Xtremez_30:
What types of shooting are availible through this?
The majority of mine has been 25m .22LR, at levels from county upwards. I have also done gallery rifle, service rifle and fullbore to a lesser extent.

Thanks
Sam

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Ah thanks very much. :pDT_Xtremez_30:
What types of shooting are availible through this?
The majority of mine has been 25m .22LR, at levels from county upwards. I have also done gallery rifle, service rifle and fullbore to a lesser extent.

Thanks
Sam

There is the standard service shooting, L85 (rifle) and L9 (pistol). There are two competitions, Command Small Arms Meeting (CSAM) and RAF Small Arms Meeting (RAFSAM) held annually.

There is also target rifle run by the RAFTRC which uses 7.62mm target rifles at long range. You can also shoot the L98 in this type of shooting if you so wish. Matches are held most weekends during the season are open to serving/ex-serving as well as cadets and UAS.

There is also air rifle and air pistol shooting available on the NRA ranges at Bisley.

Hope ths helps.

Rafrfsaa

Rafrfsaa

Lots of misleading info going on here.
The RAF(RF)SAA is an ongoing shooting fraternity open to anyone who has served in the RAF in the past, Air training corps members. civilian instructors of ATC and Cadets. Also current and retired members of RAFVR/RAFVR(T)
It is a separate organisation but works in conjunction with RAFSAA. Runs its own shooting competitions and short and long range.
Contact for Secretary is raf-rf-saa@sky.com
How do I know, because I helped kick the association back into life in the early 1990s and am honoured to be the new organisation first Honourary Member
Squint & Squeeze

Last edited: