• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF Regiment Reserves Training/Selection

D

darmy92

Hi, I'm planning on joining the Regiment Reserves. I've contacted the sqn and asked about the fitness test, apparently I just need to pass a bleep test. IS THIS TRUE??

Also how long is the training and where is it?

Thanks

beowulf

Sergeant
To pass phase 1 you have to pass the RAFFT. For the love of god please do not start another thread on the RAFFT. There are plenty out there and probably account for about 40% of all threads that don't involve deviancy. And 20% of those that do.

So - pass the RAFFT. Beep test, situps and pressups. But that is not done until you get to Halton at the end of phase 1.

All auggies go to Halton regardless of trade. There a GDT squadron of Regt NCOs will instruct you in drill, rifle, CBRN and first aid along with a number of classroom based subjects. Before you attend you have been instructed in General Service Knowledge and will be assessed on that on your first day.

Once you have passed this you are into Phase 2 training with your squadron. This is much more interesting involving pyro, patrolling and living in the field. At that point you should start to think about ROFA which is the Regimental fitness assessment. This mainly involves long walks with heavy packs done to a cadence of swearing.

Total from attestation to getting the mudguards up tends to be around 18 months to 2 years dependent on your ability to commit to the training. But PM me where you are thinking of joining as it varies from sqn to sqn at the moment.

If you want to PM me and I can provide some more info. I myself am phase 2 Rock auggie.

Last edited:
P

phantom

RAF Regiment Reserve

RAF Regiment Reserve

Hi,

Just to give you the latest official gen, RAFFT has to be passed before you to get attested, this is new RAUXAF policy. I'm a Phase 2 trainee myself and the recruit course that has just started had to pass a pre joining fitness test. Only if thet passed that were they invited back to be attested, apparently it was a big admin nightmare having to backflight people who didn't pass and brought us ito line with our Regular brothers.

:pDT_Xtremez_30: