• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Raf regiment reserve

EPovey

LAC
Hi all I’m new here!

Been wanting to to join the military for years but had so many friends come out of the Army saying it’s **** and they don’t look after you. The options I’ve been considering have been the regiment as a reservist but wanted to get some light shed on the training? Is it equal to army infantry or do the they have a period to complete specific fitness standards such as ‘All arms commando course’ or ‘P company’ I presume it’s similar to army infantry training? Also I had seen members with the maroon beret and green beret is this something a reservist could attempt if deemed capable?

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Hi fella,

A lot of people join the RAF Regt Reserves as a try before you buy, it gives you a chance to try the lifestyle before giving up on civi street. I’ve known plenty who have used it as a stepping stone in to the regulars and many others who are happy to keep it part time.

As training takes place around your normal life, it can limited compared to someone who does the same job on a full time basis, which can restrict the colour of the beret you can earn.

At the end of the day you will be expected to deploy on operations with regular RAF Regt guys so you’ll be trained up to a certain standard with a bit extra before any mobilisisation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk