• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF Regiment Officer - Questions...

J

jlong951

Hello!

Im considering joining RAF Regiment as an officer, in a years time... Just got a quick questions of which your opinions would be much appreciated!

I have the 5 GCSE's incl. maths & english (1 B, 4 C'S, 2 D'S) + english adult literature at pass. I also have certificates in 'Effective management skills' + 'ASET level 1', & 'Communication for managing people' by the SACollege. I am also doing my A-Levels, in my last year, am pretty certain I will end up getting a 'D' & a 'C' in A-Levels. I was just wondering how competitive selection for RAF Reg Officer is? Ive heard that some people go in with degrees (which is understandable) some go in with the min requirements, but have also heard that the RAF Reg selection for Officer is not really an academically & aptitude based trade, it mainly focuses on fitness & leadership.. is this right? I am going to give it a go next year anyway, just wondering what the competition will be like, whether theres going to be lots there more academically qualified than me, if that is the case, whether it really matters that much or not aslong as ive got the requirements.

Thanks in advance!

D

DrunkenMonki

Go to your nearest careers office and ask them to arrange a visit to an RAF Regt Squadron. That way you can meet the people in the job. Also, the carrers office can set you straight on anything you ask.

Hopefully.

DM

EDIT - you post a lot asking these type of questions... GO TO THE DAMN AFCO!!!!

E

Earl Grey

Doubtful if the AFCO will arrange a private visit to an RAF Regt Sqn. What they will do however, is book you onto a PROAC.

Whilst on your PROAC you will be assessed for suitability; you also get to look at us, i.e. it's a 2-way thing.

Yes, some candidates will have degrees, some will not. The good news is there are plenty of vacancies as we are desperately short of junior officers at the moment.

There is also a new RAF Regt recruitment DVD just hitting the streets, try an get hold of it, it's really quite good. I was considering uploading it, but it's over 3Gb :pDT_Xtremez_17: so maybe not.