• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF Regiment, deployments and lossiemouth

Hi folks new member hope you are all well.
I am going through the application process for RAF Regiment. I didn't want to come across as too forward when chatting to recruiters so I hope this is ok to post.
Being Scottish my first choice would be lossiemouth. Do we get to give a preference of squadron?
Further to this have there been any recent deployments for squadrons abroad and where was it to? Are 51 a squadron with regular (enough) overseas deployments?
Apologies if this is not ok to discuss here

Thanks Scotsman

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Being Scottish my first choice would be lossiemouth. Do we get to give a preference of squadron?

After all your training is done and dusted there will be a chance to apply for a specific location but the system does not have to agree with your wishes and the service can/will send you to somewhere that fits service needs. i.e. I'm a proud northern chap and, after training, I would have taken anywhere in the North of England that the system sent me. My first posting was South Wales

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Sounds like RAF Germany might be making a come back soon…

I’m from the Lakes (not a bad place to be from) but I sought adventure so my first posting was St Mawgan (397 miles from ‘home’ at 17.5 yo), then, when the utter utter bastards sent the nimrod force to Kinloss off I went (some 340 miles from ‘home’). What Cornish Pikey states is true…it made me stick around at weekends, make good friends and get out and do stuff I wouldn’t have tried otherwise.

That said, Lossiemouth is pretty scenic and sometimes it’s warm enough to take your woolly hat off in July for a bit…