• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF reg postings??

Rogerio

LAC
Hey guys i am in the process of joining the Raf Reg but me and my partner have been wondering about postings.

Where abouts would i be likely to spend my time? Im guessing once you join a squadron you are based at their home base so for example i thimk 2 squadron is based in lossiemouth in scotland? so would i be based there permanently and be sent to other places such as Afghan , Germany etc?

Also where can the RAF reg actually be sent ?

Thanks.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Put this egg in your mouth and start sucking..... It's wikipedia, but it'll get you started.

Humble Scribe

Sergeant
Get used to spending plently of time in Suffolk as half the Rock Force are based there and if you really want to have a full and rewarding career in the RAF Regt then you need to accept that you will be spending lots of time there. Clearly there are Sqn's in Scotland (51 & 58), North Yorks (34), Peterborough (3) and London (63 QCS) however the majority of your training and assignments will be at Honington.

As far as Ops are concerned you need to be on a Sqn to deploy anywhere particularly punchy and get used to moving every 3 years as that is the current policy for the Regt throughout the ranks. When you are promoted to Cpl and above this opens up other location possibilities as you can be assigend to GDT sections or back to Halton as a RTS Instructor. Most importantly keep your sense of humour and enjoy your time in the Regt.

Rogerio

LAC
Thanks guys much appreciated. My dad is MOD and we were posted to Gibraltar for 5 years when i was a youngster so i was wondering if it had changed much and how different the regiment is to the army etc in terms of going here there and everywhere.