• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF PTI Fitness Standard?

D

Drewy7

Hiya all i have found lots and lots of usefull information on this site thanks.
And i was just wondering i have started to do the RAF Fitness Programme but it seems to me as it is quite easy?

Im already reasonably Fit i can run a mile and half in 9.30( Need to try knock that down to under 9 mins)
I can Manage to do bout 50 press and 40 sits ups in a minute, I am just wondering is there another programme to follow especially for wanting to become a PTI in the RAF?
Thanks

B

bigfella

Yeah Yeah I can do that.... Just don't wanna!

Standard used to be you had to be fit and play two sports at county level. If in doubt though speak to a CIO.

D

Drewy7

Cheeers guys for that!
Well i already play Badminton,Hockey, Football and Volleyball for my local teams so that will help towards the process.
Just neeed to loook up all the rules on the sports and should be on my way.

I Already coach foootball but would it be worth taking a leadership course maybe? or start to do more coaching in sports?

Cheers

D

Drewy7

Does anyone know where i could Practice the Bleep test?
Has anyone got a link to the Bleep test that maybe i could download?
I think i need to get up to bout level 14 for A PTI so some training defo needed

Thx guys
Drew

D

Drewy7

Thanks alot Sniffer and Monobrow exactly what i neeed to start working on :pDT_Xtremez_30: .

Just one question Sniffer: On my PTi Vetting notes ( I got from the AFCO) it says that as well as climbing the wall i have to do a Simple Kayaking Test?

It doesnt say that tho on your PTI Vetting?

Time to get my ass into gear now i know exactly what i need to stand a chance of passing

Thx alot again guys!

M

matthobday

Role of a PTI

Role of a PTI

Thanks this is really helpful. But what is the role of a PTI abroad and where are the best places to find out information like this?

Matt

P

Portcullis

Best concentrate on getting in first, postings abroad are highly sought after.

...but it's worth bearing in mind that PTIs do deploy to Iraq and Afghanistan as well as all other trades. The days of being a much envied gym queen are long in the past.

W

Wilberforce

Dewy7
You need to get your time well under 9 min for the 1.5 mile. There are females at cranwell who can do it under 8.30. And exceed you miserable push and sit up. I am over 40 an I can do at least 65 push ups per minute.

Revisit your gym and ego sunshine.

BENGB

LAC
pti selection

pti selection

Hi,

just a quick one, that doc looks great, i wondered where it came from?

I received a similar doc from the CO but there are a couple of differences.

A reply would be much appreciated.

PTI vetting information as requested:

Not sure if a Word Doc will work on here but here goes:

View attachment 5603

If it doen't work PM me your email address and I will sent it that way.