• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF promotions 2010

jack brew

Sergeant
I recognise my former OC Supply on the promoted to Group Captain list! Goos for him. A top bloke, and the best officer I've met yet. Not sure if I can name him?

T55

Sergeant
If speed of promotion is proportional to the number of aircraft trashed then I'm surprised one of the Group Captains hasn't got further yet!

4mastacker

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I recognise my former OC Supply on the promoted to Group Captain list! Goos for him. A top bloke, and the best officer I've met yet. Not sure if I can name him?

If it's the person I think you're referring to, I've got to agree about him being a top bloke . As OC Supply, he took over a total cluster**** and turned things round. A good guy and 1000% better than the promotion-chasing ***sole who created the shambles.

Dave-exfairy

Warrant Officer
One of the Wing Co's getting his Groupie used to be on Jags I think, J Stringer (name is on the RAF Website), if it is him, he's a top bloke and the throughly archetypal RAF Pilot, without the 'tash that is!!

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Yes it is the same bloke. His brother got it last year. Another ex-Jag mate got his Wg Cdr too.

Over on p-prune they are having a bleat about how few are getting promoted and how it is forecast to be even fewer. Welcome to the REAL world fellas!!!

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Stringer was one of the top Jag blokes.. Amazingly he was a Flt Lt only 11 years ago.. I know because he flew back a Jag from Adana that a few of us had gone out to fix structural damage on..

W

wingmong

Congrats to all, however, 28 GD Branch promotions to Gp Capt? Not sure this is same ratio of our 2 FS promotions this year for the Logistics (Supply) trade?

T

The Masked Geek

Rob The Sock gets Wng Cdr?

The name comming from the time in '93 when, as a Flt Lt, he cried over a lost sock on Ex Brutus. Or so the story goes. :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Mind you, it was fcuking cold.

Amusingly, his surname is an anagram of No Mates. Well, it is if they hadn't fcuked up and put his last initial at the start of his surname...

Last edited:

Schmit

LAC
Amusingly, his surname is an anagram of No Mates. Well, it is if they hadn't fcuked up and put his last initial at the start of his surname...

Do you mean Andy maton? The only person who liked the rank of Pilot Officer that much he did it twice!

fishing for a bitefishing for a bitefishing for a bite

dantura

Geeky Fuelly Type
Do you mean Andy maton? The only person who liked the rank of Pilot Officer that much he did it twice!

fishing for a bitefishing for a bitefishing for a bite

And is now a Sqn Ldr...The best boss I have worked for in 21 yrs.

D

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Hear Hear Dantura, I knew him as a young Pilot Officer when I was a young(ish) Cpl, top bloke who called a spade a spade, rather than a multi handed digging implement! Happy hours at Conz mess were never the same after he left!

BJW

Corporal
Congrats to all, however, 28 GD Branch promotions to Gp Capt? Not sure this is same ratio of our 2 FS promotions this year for the Logistics (Supply) trade?

Of course the possible posting of longest-in-location WOs to Bicester & Boscombe Down may create a few previously unforeseen openings.

W

wingmong

I know who it is and he won't be happy to move from ..... *********!

I am a very fair betting man as I know most Stackers are. I will take bets on the Sgt to FS promottion board this March. Anyone for it (no redresses please Kinloss)
1/5 - 1
2/1 - 0
5/1 - 2
20/1 - 3
100/1 - 4

220 Sgt'S in Trade, who wants a bet?

D

DirtyBluenose

I'll give good odds on Kinloss redressing if anyone promoted hasn't done at least 20 years in rank!!