• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF Police Uniform?

AirForce

LAC
I realise the RAF Police wear the MP arm badge when on joint operations but the blue beret and beard??

Last edited:

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Beards with an RAF Beret are no longer the preserve of Veterans marching to the Cenotaph, and haven't been since 01 Sep 19. Within about a month after that date, every urinal on an RAF Base (when looking down to make sure you weren't pissing on yourself) looked like a Barbershop Floor.

As for a Scuffer wearing one it'll be because he's in MTP and not No.2's

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
They did trial white berets, for a very short while, for scuffers, but I think the Army see these as special for some historical/traditional reason so didn’t roll out wider.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
They did trial white berets, for a very short while, for scuffers, but I think the Army see these as special for some historical/traditional reason so didn’t roll out wider.
Never heard of white berets being trialled, I'm curious when/where that was... It sounds a daft idea to me.

Vushtrri

Sergeant
When you look at the amount of different coloured berets currently in use by the army and even more by services worldwide I actually think a light coloured beret for a Snowdrop is far more sensible/ practical that a gleaming white SD hat.

dctyke

Corporal
When you look at the amount of different coloured berets currently in use by the army and even more by services worldwide I actually think a light coloured beret for a Snowdrop is far more sensible/ practical that a gleaming white SD hat.

only issue is it highlights them as a target! (Some might not have an issue with that 😉)