• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF Pers On Board RN Ships

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
Got a few questions about serving on RN ships. Something has dropped on my desk that I am considering but I've got some questions that PSF/A1 ops can't really answer. If you've served on board (Hoping there's some ex Harrier pers or JHC pers) can you drop me a PM. Much thanks in advance.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
I spent time on HMS Illustrious with 1(F).

The accommodation was "basic" to say the least. Storage space was very limited.

The food was average, but it was free - unsure how it works on PAYD.

We wore uniform all the time, including in our Mess.

If there are any other questions you have, then PM me?

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Been on a number of the Andrews finest and its the group masturbation that was always the sticking Point for me...

gray

Sergeant
Been on a number of the Andrews finest and its the group masturbation that was always the sticky Point for me...

Edited :)

I did 4+ months on Lusty too, back in 1997 for the Hong Kong handover. Billeted in the Comms mess. Things have probably changed since then though !

We had the (ahem) 2 can rule, free food + accomm. LOA etc, and it counted as a DWR. Don't think I got sea pay though - wonder If I can claim it back ? :)