• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF Pension when I'm dead

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
As an ex-mob KOS I get my RAF pension already. But my question is what happens after I have popped me clogs is the Mrs entitled to receive anything after my demise. I have heard from various crew room rumours that she will get 1/3 of the amount for the rest of her life. Anybody know ???????????

PS I have no intention of pegging it just yet. :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
As an ex-mob KOS I get my RAF pension already. But my question is what happens after I have popped me clogs is the Mrs entitled to receive anything after my demise. I have heard from various crew room rumours that she will get 1/3 of the amount for the rest of her life. Anybody know ???????????

PS I have no intention of pegging it just yet. :pDT_Xtremez_30:
Under the "Old" scheme her entitlement depends on when you joined when you got married when you left etc etc....

Probably best to have a look around here:

http://www.rafcom.co.uk/pay_allowances/pdf/AFPS_Family_Benefits.pdf

or

http://www.rafcom.co.uk/pay_allowances/index_pay_allowances.cfm

Last edited:

Past Engineering

Sergeant
Subscriber
My Father passed away 75 and father in law in 76, both my mother and mother in law got a percentage of their RAF pension which equates to approx £103 a month now and as far as I know my wife will get a percentage of mine if I go before her.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
My Father passed away 75 and father in law in 76, both my mother and mother in law got a percentage of their RAF pension which equates to approx £103 a month now and as far as I know my wife will get a percentage of mine if I go before her.

From what I have just speed read it could be, after a short term either 91 or 182 days on your full pension dependant on how many children you leave behind, 50% of your pension as long as you began your service after Oct 87...

Or I could have got it totally wrong but I was rushing as it's quite a boring read...

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Thanks for all the links guys. Hope they prove more interesting than you suggest, but they should while away a few quiet hours, trawling round for the bit that applies to me.

Plumber

Flight Sergeant
You could arrange for a financial adviser to get the money and invest it somewhere, then your missus will get all of it. I'm currently going through this process at the mo although slightly different situations I'm fairly sure the jist will be the same.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Sorry for the necro post.

Due of a change in my health status (Offically a KOS now) I have revisited this thread looking for gen the info is still good and has been of great use. Thanks for all the quality replies one and all. What E-Goat does so very well. TB

Hu Jardon

Thanks for all the links guys. Hope they prove more interesting than you suggest, but they should while away a few quiet hours, trawling round for the bit that applies to me.
You might find that your rug rats get a bit too

G

gemarriott

I might as fookin well. Every other fekker round here seems to think I'm an easy touch, especially the fekkin outlaws:pDT_Xtremez_06:

It was them as what told me you was loaded and a soft touch, your sister in aw was particularly generous in her praise of you, so much so that she told me she is planning to spend a few weeks at your Gaffe in the summer :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Hu Jardon

It was them as what told me you was loaded and a soft touch, your sister in aw was particularly generous in her praise of you, so much so that she told me she is planning to spend a few weeks at your Gaffe in the summer :pDT_Xtremez_14:
No surprise there then - seeing as how she invited the whole world here for Chrimbo:pDT_Xtremez_32:

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Whilst on about pensions, does anyone know if you can transfer a medical pension into QROPS?

Nobody seems to know, including the financial dude I spoke to today :pDT_Xtremez_26:

Thanks

TW