• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF nursing staff at PDH

4mastacker

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Hi, I hope you don't mind a retired stacker posting on this forum. This message is especially for the medics at PDH.

I’ve just been visiting my sister-in-law who lives in Peterborough. She was recently admitted as an emergency case to PDH and spent a few days there whilst she underwent a number of tests. She was cared for by mainly RAF nurses working alongside their civilian counterparts. My sister-in-law had only the highest praise for the RAF nurses and doctors – she said their kindness, good humour, bedside manner and appearance put their civilian counterparts in the shade. Her hubby is a retired senior nursing officer so I guess she has some idea of what nursing is about. Anyway, my thanks to those at PDH for the care you gave my sister-in-law, you made her feel very special even though, she says, you were ‘working your butts off’ (her exact words). You are a credit to both your profession and the RAF and created a wonderful lasting impression to a life-long, card-carrying civvy.

4ma

B

billy bollox

My missus works there and I'll pass on the message.

I had a time in there too last year and I second the praise. It was also nice to have someone you can relate to !

However, The RAF has decided to dissestablish many posts there and civilianize them. She was posted to the otherside of the country even though co-located at present. But with a little common sense she's ended up at Marham and can easily commute weekends and the odd day a week.

Bit off thread but a point to note that these excellent people are being moved on without a thought