• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF Halton kit list

bigjd

LAC
Just bring a vacuum cleaner.

When you own your own vacuum cleaner, you can get anything you want.
I have seen a few people online mention a hand held vacuum cleaner being of particular use. I have one packed with the rest of my kit now, thanks for the heads up!

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
£229!!!! If you want the iron and ironing board that'll be £300. What do you get for £229?

• Spray Bottle
  • Minky Ironing Pressing Cloth
  • Kiwi Black Shoe Polish 100ml (1)
  • Kiwi Black Shoe Polish 50ml (1)
  • Kiwi Dark Tan Polish 50ml (2)
  • Brown Horse Hair Boot Brush
  • Black Horse Hair Boot Brush
  • Brown Horse Hair Applicator
  • Black Horse Hair Applicator
  • Military Grade Polishing Cloth
  • Cotton Wool Balls
  • Body Towel Hand Towel, Face Towel (Green)
  • Body Towel, Hand Towel, Face Towel (Brown)
  • Wet Wipes
  • Nail Clipper Set
  • Hair Brush
  • Mycota Foot Powder
  • Soap Dish
  • Compeed Blister Pack (2 Piece)
  • Multi-Sized Waterproof Plasters (16 Piece)
  • Nail Brush
  • Wooden Shirt Hangers (12)
  • Wooden Trouser/Skirt Hangers with Adjustable Clamps (5)
  • Washing Bag Kit (2 Piece)
  • Brasso Wadding Type
  • Scrubbing Brush
  • Washing Sponges (2)
  • Scouring Pads (2)
  • Easy Washing Powder
  • Vanish Stain Remover
  • Clothes Brush
  • Lint Roller
  • Yellow Dusters (4)
  • Head Torch with Red Filter
  • Combination Locks (6)
  • Box File
  • Pencils (2)
  • Multi-Colour Highlighter
  • Sharpie Pen
  • Whiteboard Marker
  • Sewing Kit Bundle (100+ Piece)
  • A4 Lined Notepad
  • Kombat A5 Waterproof Notepad
  • Foam Roller
  • Battery Operated Alarm Clock
  • Stencil Set
  • Sealable Bags (6)
  • Black Pens (2)
  • Trouser Twists (Pairs) (2)
  • Iron/Sew on Name Tags (25)
Certainly an easy option, but you are paying through the nose.
No brown paper for pressing?

Dan_Brown

Sergeant
Just heard from a mate who's lad has just started Halton - apparently they spent over £300 getting the kit list put together. So maybe a decent buy after all!

Fricking hell, when i joined though, i turned up with the clothes on my back and that was about it :)

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
For me it was Testicles, Spectacles, Wallet and Watch, Chequebook, Toothbrush and Pen.

Nope sorry, that was Friday night Liney night checklist.

Two yellow dusters, a tin of Kiwi black, polish brushes and everything else was holiday packing.

stormwell

LAC
I'm shopping around for bits and pieces, got boot polish from Supply Drop because literally nowhere else I went had it (was told something about Kiwi reducing their range and who they supplied).

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
I'm shopping around for bits and pieces, got boot polish from Supply Drop because literally nowhere else I went had it (was told something about Kiwi reducing their range and who they supplied).
How big was the window at the front of their shop?

AirForce

LAC
Just heard from a mate who's lad has just started Halton - apparently they spent over £300 getting the kit list put together. So maybe a decent buy after all!

Fricking hell, when i joined though, i turned up with the clothes on my back and that was about it :)
Same here, arrived at the Recruit Training Unit at RAAF Base Edinburgh in South Australia in 1964, taken to the Airmens Mess and given a three course meal then taken to our quarters and the next day taken to the clothing store and issued with everything we needed, right down to underwear, pyjamas, shaving kit, working dress and dress uniform plus two pair of boots and two pair of shoes.

In so far as ironing is concerned, there was a full ironing room with built in ironing boards complete with irons.

I never spent a cent and like Dan Brown all I had was my civvie gear and not much of it at that.

bigjd

LAC
home bargains, pound-stretcher and B&M's will have all that gear for less than half that price.
Can't disagree with that, I have still been working as a Police Officer right up until my resignation so I was pressed for time. You're paying for the convenience really! Got my stuff delivered within 48hrs of ordering so can't grumble at that.