• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF dentists from 1960s?

Delta

LAC
A family friend in Australia has met someone who says he served in the RAF as a dentist in the 1960s. He has some doubts about the guy's story although couldn't really put his finger on what doesn't seem right. Is there anyone on here who was in the RAF at the same time and branch who might know him? Or any other ways that we could check? I have some personal details (name, dob, demob date) which I can provide in a DM to anyone who can help.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Of all the trades to ‘walt’ with...a Dentist? Historical disclosures in Glasgow won’t release that info to just anyone and the 60’s are now 50 years ago so you’ll struggle to find potential ex-co workers.

Maybe ask him what IOT coarse number he was on (they still did a shortened version of it back then I think), what bases he was at and the pubs he used to frequent at them...that’s stuff he should be able to remember without any awkward gaps and stuff we can dissect on here?