• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF Club Membership for all?

Robby

Corporal
Can someone please explain to me why in this day of the shrinking Air Force the RAF Club is still an exclusive Officer club?

Surely in this day and age they could permit the lowly Warrant Officers and SNCO's entry - in fact shouldn't it be open to all Serving members of the RAF.

Surely this is a facility we could all use and support as a welfare facility in the capital?

Any thoughts?

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Why would you want to avoid all the fun and classless places to stay in London to be forced to wear something you wouldn't in all honesty normally wear to eat an average meal in an RAF 'hotel'?

The only people when I worked in the smoke who went there were the ones who had nothing else going on in their lives...They also made a big deal of telling everyone who was unlucky enough to be within earshot that they'd been there...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

3wheeledtechie

Sergeant
What let the scum in? Back in your place airman.

On the other hand, maybe they'll rethink their membership policy what with all the job cuts at the MoD.

S

SepticCalling

Can someone please explain to me why in this day of the shrinking Air Force the RAF Club is still an exclusive Officer club?

Surely in this day and age they could permit the lowly Warrant Officers and SNCO's entry - in fact shouldn't it be open to all Serving members of the RAF.

Surely this is a facility we could all use and support as a welfare facility in the capital?

Any thoughts?

It is something of an anachronism, it has some wonderful orginal paintings and is full of the type of chaps who constantly say "it wasnt like that in my day"! It costs about £85.00 for a member to stay there per night, and like the special forces club, they have many special members who never wore a military uniform. Quite honestly you are missing nix! If you want a decent room in Town for that price, laterooms.com is a better bet.

E

enginesuck

and while your at it the Victory services club is a rip off and very basic, like staying in the block for £100 a night (if you dont want to share showers)

D

Douglas Bader's Right Leg

The Victory Services Club are providing me with a twin en-suite room for £58 next month and as a veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan I can avail myself of a special offer which brings the price down to about £30!

By contrast the RAF club, of which I am a member, charges an annual fee (albeit only 1/2 of a day's pay per year), £85 per room per night, insists that you observe the dress code and is invariably booked up months in advance.

The Union Jack Club is also worth a look if all you need is a bed for the night in London.

E

enginesuck

The Victory Services Club are providing me with a twin en-suite room for £58 next month and as a veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan I can avail myself of a special offer which brings the price down to about £30!

By contrast the RAF club, of which I am a member, charges an annual fee (albeit only 1/2 of a day's pay per year), £85 per room per night, insists that you observe the dress code and is invariably booked up months in advance.

The Union Jack Club is also worth a look if all you need is a bed for the night in London.

&hit i wish i knew that.........