• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

RAF Chinook Medic

M

mikey

Hi guys ive been on the raf site and cant find anything on this job would I need to join as a medic and specilise or can I just join in this trade

Odie

Sergeant
You'll have to join as a medic, it's just one of the jobs they can do. Hence the reason you can't find it on the RAF careers webiste.

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
Hi guys ive been on the raf site and cant find anything on this job would I need to join as a medic and specilise or can I just join in this trade

The reason you have not been able to find anything is that it is not something you start off doing. You have you start off doing basic RAF Medic training once you have gained sufficient experience and done a few years you could then apply for paramedic training which currently stands at 18 months (in the RAF) then you will have your training consolidated prior to deployment in the MERT role. It takes quite a bit of dedication and sacrifice to get to that level it doesnt happen overnight