• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Questions

P

POB

I have just been informed by my boss that I am to meet a very senior member of the Goverment soon. I will have the oportunity to ask him anything I want. The environment will be such that he should be able to answer any questions that I may have, and can not easily escape. I can give no further details as yet, but would appreciate some sensible ideas for questions.

Should the questions be answered I will post the results as soon as I can. I have only a few hours to prepare for this, and appreciate that I have given few details as to who/when, but please keep the questions sensible, and militarily orientated.

I am thinking of broaching such subjects as: Lean, Cut-backs, Over-seas commitments, SLAM, PAYD.

Thank you in advance. I am sure that the E-Goat community can provide me with some good ideas.

POB

T

Twonston Pickle

Ask him if all the SLAM blocks will be delivered on time and fitted with Plasma screens to "keep up with the news".

Ask him how you measure efficiency in the Military: Is it the number of bodies? The number of wars fought? The number of Wars NOT fought (how do you tell)? The ratio of civil serpants to Servicemen? Tony Bliar's popularity rating?

Ask him whether the MOD will retain full control over our FSTA assets when the contract is signed?

Just be a bloody pain in the @ss basically.

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Ask Him (or Her) if he (or she) would be willing to spend a lot of time away from his (or her) family in a place where no one likes you, you spend your day ducking flak and sundry incoming, carry out duties that are outside your scope of expertise, eat crap food and......... oh! don't bother that sounds like a normal politician anyway!

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Answers

Answers

Just be prepared to get lots of answers with absolutely no information in whatsoever. Or downright lies just to keep you happy . I sat on the other side of a table from the then Defence secretary Geoff Hoon and was assured of improvements to the Sandy holiday camp I was at... 14 months later I was at the same health farm (no ents but the gym and no beer) and guess what nothing had changed.
If there is a question to ask then maybe something about the low morale situation that seems to be ignored at all levels.
Good luck. :rolleyes:

P

POB

I might add that I am usually a might sceptical, nae cynical, over a politicians ability to give a straight answer to a straight question. I do not honestly believe that he will be any different, but until he proves this, I should give him the benefit of the doubt.

I fully intend to be a pain in the ar$e and will not accept lies or no-answer answers.

Must dash, got a dessie t-shirt to find and iron. Come to think of it, I had better find an iron! Will check in again later for more inspiration!

A

A CLING NERD SHRON

POB said:
I fully intend to be a pain in the ar$e and will not accept lies or no-answer answers.

Will you accept yes answer answers, or yes no answer answers, or no yes answer answers, or no answer yes answers, or yes answer no answers, or answer no answers, or answers yes answer, or yes no answers answer, or no yes answers answer, or answer answers no, or answer answers yes, or answer answers yes? :eek:

Yes no answers to the above question are not acceptable.

P

POB

That'll Be "No, No" Answers Then!

That'll Be "No, No" Answers Then!

Firstly, my appologies for not getting back sooner. I have been rather busy in this corner of the desert.

Dr John Reid, for twas he that I met, was a funny and straight talking chap. I was impressed with his ability to answer many questions, without shame, and no real answer. I am affraid that the most memorable thing that came across was his hatred of the Stun and News of the Screws. And the Tories.

I don't really know why I am dissapointed about his answers really. He is a politician after all.

At one stage, having been asked about defence spending and manning cuts he started quoting statistics, but as was pointed out to him, statistics don't fix aircraft, or guard them, or sit in the middle of the desert for 4 months at a time. Like all politicians he had a fantastic ability to talk, and see his own side of the argument, but little ability to recognise anyone else's point of view. "No. You're wrong, we have provided more etc...."

I was impressed with him as a man, he took banter about plasma screens at the MoD and the Royal Marines video in good spirit, but I am affraid came across as very set in his beliefs. I liked him, but not his point of view. He has certainly not convinced me to vote for the Labour Party. But then again I have not voted for any of the others recently either. I think I hate politicians.

Nerdy
No, Yes answers acceptable?