• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
Having just returned from another det in Al Udeid I thought I would question something in the 'fitness guide' handout that is available from the Welfare Centre out there. Due to us lot using the yank fitness facilities (Which are second to none) the guide had a mph to bleep test level coversion chart in it and states that runing at a speed of 6.8 mph is equal to running at level 10 of the bleep test.

Now I know I put shed loads of time in at the gym and can run 50 mins to an hour at 7.7 MPH (about 12.5 KPH) on the treadmill and can average the same out on the road but reaching the ripe old age of 40 in a month and a half find it hard to get over 10.2.

I personally think that the conversion table is a load of old shiote so can anyone give me an accurate conversion please? ...if there is one.

Omerta

LAC
I seem to remember it was something like, start at 8.5kph and increase 0.5kph every min for each level. The post i read stressed you had to have a 1% incline and you also needed to go 2 levels past to give a true indication. I tried this last round of testing and it seemed pretty much on the money for me, although i'm sure some people will have the turning nailed and will do better on the msft and some will be the other way.

Sniffer

Super Moderator
Ok I know its not the font of all knowledge but I cut the table from wiki and added a column and converted the kph to mph. Its a Word doc and hope I can attach it.#

With the mph converstions I have rounded to the nearest 1 decimal place

Attachments

• Calculations - Copy.doc
    51.5 KB · Views: 0