• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question regarding pre precruit training fitness.

M

MikeS

Hi all, so I have about 9 weeks before I start phase 1 training and obviously I want to get in the best shape possible in that time. However I don't have access to a gym or weights.

I tend to alternate between doing long runs one day, then about 15 minutes of really intense sprinting on the other day, I also do all the bodyweight exercises given to us in the 'Fit For Life' booklet on my sprinting day. Throw in a couple of rest days a week, eat clean and thats about my lot.

Given the experience any of you may have, if I give it my all every time, is this enough to get me in good shape for RTS? Also are there any particular exercises or circuit routines you have found successful in the past.

Thanks a lot.
-Mike

Hi all, so I have about 9 weeks before I start phase 1 training and obviously I want to get in the best shape possible in that time. However I don't have access to a gym or weights.

I tend to alternate between doing long runs one day, then about 15 minutes of really intense sprinting on the other day, I also do all the bodyweight exercises given to us in the 'Fit For Life' booklet on my sprinting day. Throw in a couple of rest days a week, eat clean and thats about my lot.

Given the experience any of you may have, if I give it my all every time, is this enough to get me in good shape for RTS? Also are there any particular exercises or circuit routines you have found successful in the past.

Thanks a lot.
-Mike

Thats why we gave you the 'Fit for Life' Booklet, the exercises in there are designed to get you fit, keep you fit, without the need for a gym. Smash everything you do, 110% effort, work on press ups and sit ups in the format you did at PRTC and continue to eat healthly and watch the beer intake, and you should be fine. Sounds like your doing the right sort of things. Hope your breaking the boots in too.

M

MikeS

Thank you all for your replies. I will keep doing my thing and push myself harder every day, the last thing I want to be is someone who barley scrapes the pass mark every time!

Enjoy your weekends!