• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Qualifications to be gained from IMLC?

Circus8

LAC
Morning All,

I'm promoted to Sgt from early next year & staying in situ at my current unit.

I'll hopefully be attending IMLC as early as possible.

Could someone please confirm that you can still obtain accreditation from the CMI & ILM for successful completion of IMLC & is this directly offered on the course?

After researching both the CMI & ILM websites, I believe they offer accreditation at both Level 4 & 5 on the NCF.

Can I gather people's thoughts on these qualifications & their standing in civvy street?

Regards, C8.

T

The Masked Geek

They had no bearing whatsoever on my current employment as an Engineering Team Leader at BAE systems. But they are free so there's no harm in having them.

Sniffer

Super Moderator
They aren't entirely free. You still have to pay a fee to register with whichever one you choose. IIRC it ranged between about £60-£100

Keyser Söze

Corporal
These things keep the CV ticking over so that is a positive they do cost (IIRC £80 upwards for registration etc).

I don't believe they actually assist in "getting" the job. Employers tend to look for the big hitters, honours degree, NEBOSH, Project Management, IEng, CEng etc etc,,,, plus relevant experience. These things tend but be peripheral "nice to haves" rather than essential "must haves". They can however be used in conjunction with other qualifications as entry onto FE (e.g. BSc).

I've got them, but I don't think my employers actually new what they were, they were just concerned with the 'essential list'.

Circus8

LAC
Many thanks for the replies...

As pointed out, they are freebies, registration costs aside, so would be foolish to turn them down...

So I do think they are useful to have as good CV fillers, slightly off topic, I'm looking into the possibility of attending a ILM level 5 coaching & Mentoring Course combined with NLP practitioner course next Feb at Waddington.

Has anyone attended either of these courses? Thoughts?

I'm keen on mentoring & developing my sub-ordinates, because as their future 1st RO, I play a big part in their development & ultimately their RAF Career prospects, I'm looking to get a few of my SAC's on Leadership & Management courses to hopefully stand them aside from their peers as the promotion board view these two traits highly.

C8.

Circus8

LAC
Attending TEAMT in March, yet to receive my JI's, can anyone confirm if their is any pre-course learning?

C8.