• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

QEZ Carrier ICAO Code

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
Needing some info for planning purposes that I can't find on the internet. I am assuming that the new carrier will have the usual 2.5Nm ATZ for any standard aerodrome but do they have ICAO codes? If a jet was transiting from Marham to Lossie for example it's route would be EGYM - EGQS. Would they use the callsign for the destination or something else? If info can't be published here then please let me know if I can find it on MODnet.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Get hold of a copy of a FIH (Flight Information Handbook)... the yellow one. That has a list of all the ICAO codes in the back. All the RN ships had them, usually a ship would have a specific AFTN address, 4 letter ICAO + 4 routing letters i.e. EGNPZGZS and any FPLs would be routed to that. Thing is, the plan would be routed to something like, using your example EGYM - ZZZZ with it going VFR at a certain point on the route of flight and the plan filed to the specific AFTN code for the white elephant. It would be an OAT plan anyhow, as it would not need to be routed or filed through IFPS.