• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pushed the Button

JazzyG

LAC
Well, this morning I finally pressed the JPA buttons to leave the Service. 12 months to push and although slightly nervous, I'm looking forward to new challenges in civvie street!

Just wanted to say its been a blast until the final few years, and good luck to all those stackers still doing the good work!

Jazzy

Pushed the Button

Congratulations! With less than 4 months to go until Terminal Leave, I'm fully engaged in the Resettlement process right now with the intention of starting my own business in the new year. Tip for the months ahead - have a good solid plan, stick to your resettlement diary not the works one and learn to say no to the boss! Best of luck.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Its ok on t'other side.

Here's two words to be learning the meaning of:

1. No.

2. Overtime.

Good luck!

JazzyG

LAC
Cheers Guys

Cheers Guys

Just like to say thanks for your replies and good advice! Also I'd like to say good luck to those at whatever stage they may be at their exit point and beyond!!!

Jazzy!!

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Spot on fella! I like getting paid for the hours I work!

I also like being asked if I would like to do overtime - rather than being told, or it just be expected.

Last edited:

Robby

Corporal
Joined the club!

Joined the club!

I've done the same, Pushed the button yesterday, the time has come to move on and its quite a refreshing feeling to be in the last short period of my Service, its been a blast but it is time to move on.

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
Wow, that's 4 loggy SNCO's that I've heard of in the last week. Good luck with your new adventures. :)

In hindsight, the best thing I did was hit the button. Granted I had a great job to go to, but you always feel 'is it the right thing to do'. After working beyond my IP point, I now I know it was. I had a great time and pretty cool career (apart from an arse of TG17 WO at Ramstein).

Life is great outside, but alarmingly, I still carry bags and stuff in my left hand, just in case I have to salute...spooky!

Best of luck to all Stackers still fighting the good fight.

JazzyG

LAC
Two Year update

Two Year update

Well does'nt time fly when having fun!!

Two years to the day on 1st August and although there were moments when the job applications went unanswered after spending a day or two getting the CV "just right" for the role to not even get a thank you for applying, all worked out swimmingly.

I will not lie...there are elements I dearly miss about the Service, but the things kind of even themselves out in the long run.

As always, good luck to those that still serve, and to those that have followed a different path!

"Support to Strike"